Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Wealthtrack: The Energy Revolution: Q&A With Tom Petrie: Video Presentation

Comments

• Thanks, Ted.
    Tom seemed to know his stuff. At the end, he talked about “upstream”...not sure what that is and how to play with a mutual fund (natural gas …. other than Fidelity’s natural gas). Ideas, anyone? I need to get into this somehow. I also am looking into Fidelity’s FSESX…..seems too wild, though. A new manager might help. The natural gas fund seems the better of the two (2) funds. Will wait for pullback to buy…..the short list is getting longer!
    The Puddn
  • edited June 2014
    @Puddnhead I'm tinkering (mentally) with a discussion board post on this subject, something I stumbled upon several weeks ago that could work for those who would prefer an investment in this area outside of the racier fare that so many seem to go for. I am woefully ignorant about energy companies in this space, so it will not be a post filled with enlightenment (certainly not from me). It will only be presented as for food-for-thought, with a pile of questions. Keep a look-out; no promises, but I should have it "intelligible" this week or next. Teaser: its a collection of CEFs, slightly off the radar (but you probably could find several of them on various MLP mutual fund screens).