Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PREMX item in its portf.

Vereinigte Mexikanische 7.75%

Among its top 5 positions. Mexican something(?) Seems like a German designation, no? What gives?

Comments

• United Mexican. Google Translate app to the rescue.
  • That's very cool JohnChisum. I just checked out that Google Translate. It will even Detect the Language if you don't know what language it is ! So it detected that it was German, and then translated it.
  • It even uses voice in the app.
  • Thanks, guys. But... um..... "United Mexican..." WHAT, exactly? And if its Mexican, why isn't it in Spanish? Secondary market, or what?
  • Crash- I can't find any direct info on it, but if you put "Vereinigte Mexikanische financial" into a search you come up with a whole lot of funds which have what must be various bond issues, as the %'s seems to be between 5 and 7 %. With rates that high, probably not the highest possible quality rating.
  • I see, OK, then.:)