Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Two (2) questions....

Hi guys!
I got two (2) questions: who is Ken Fisher? I like what he had to say on CNBC --- so, you see why I ask if he's credible. The second is: (a li'l background) I own BTBFX and OAKBX, which cover about the same space (AGG allocation). As I'm paring back the number of funds I own, one should do in this space. What say you and why?
God bless.
PuddnHead

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Ken Fisher is a successful investor who is - I think - is likely at least partially as successful as he is because he markets himself and his investment services to a degree that's ridiculous and off-putting. His online ads are incredibly annoying. The mutual fund he manages - PURIX - hasn't been anything special.
  • TedTed
    edited December 2014
    @Puddnhead: Ken Fisher has a better than average forecasting ability according to CXO Advisory. I like BTBFX is the Aggressive Allocation Fund space.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Ken Fisher Chronicles: 2000-2012
    http://www.cxoadvisory.com/3190/individual-gurus/ken-fisher/

Guru Grades 64.4% (Scroll)
    http://www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus/

• Thanx Scott & Ted!
    Great website, Ted. Some big names with bad batting averages. Who would have thought that the guy I really like (Laszio Birinyi) is not what I thought. Many names at the top...I don't know why that is, silly me. But in the end, you have to be at the plate and take a swing to get an average. Some have many trips, some not.
  • 64% is 14% better than flipping a coin (50%), 14times out of 100 you will beat a coin toss for advice, but he would be a good weatherman, ours is wrong 64% of the time