Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The last two days....

So, what has performed well (or held up fairly well) for you over the past two days, despite some medium losses in the overall market? What has disappointed you?

Comments

• My unconstrained short duration bond fund has stayed put while everything else went red. ASDVX.
  • I own PAGVX which has stayed even the past two days. XLE has hung in there pretty well due to the oil surge.
  • edited April 2015
    WAFMX, which has been a dog so far this year, actually gained 0.7% over the past two days. All of the other EM-type stuff sank along with the more domestic varieties.

Add: So far this year the S&P is up 1.3%, our stuff is up 2.8%. No complaints, but it ain't over till it's over, as we all know.
  • My unconstrained short duration bond fund has stayed put while everything else went red. ASDVX.

I've never heard of this fund, John. I'm going to check it out, lol
  • Had two stocks up, AARI and NXPI. Both reported strong earnings. Have two MLP energy funds that lost the least of all my funds, does that count? :)
  • So far, I'm still up 2.6% with ARIVX, FPACX holding down the fort for the past two days.
  • Looks like the market is trying to stop the bleeding here. Let's hope this continues until the closing bell.
  • edited May 2015
    Ecolab holding up reasonably well, considering a so-so quarter and the market being the way it is. The company seeing difficulty in their energy business, but their other hygiene/sanitary businesses are doing well and their water business is seeing benefit from the situation in California. Dividend aristocrat and something I'd consider adding to. An enjoyably boring business that serves important needs and is the largest in the industry. Bill Gates owns a large amount of the company.

Blackstone holding up okay, awaiting the spin-off later this year.

Intercontinental Exchange doing okay after CME reported good earnings.

V/MA holding up okay. Mastercard with good earnings, Visa with okay earnings.

Biotech bouncing after Gilead's ridiculous number yesterday.

Brookfield Property (BPY) disappointing lately, but enormous real estate empire that still trades under book and a 5 p/e. I'll continue to collect dividends.

One real estate play that continues to hold up well for me is one that doesn't offer dividends - Howard Hughes (HHC), but given that company's exposure to oil/Houston (which isn't enormous, but nevertheless it has been a factor), the move higher in oil lately seems to have helped.