Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Kahuna Glad

Hi guys!
Hope the turkey time was great and all went well. It feels good to see the market run. Hoping to see the big Kahuna do most of what he said he would. I want to see things get back to more normal. As rates rise, it will be good for all over the long term. All the spending for infrastructure......not sure it's the answer long term, but it's better than nothing. It's making people believe again. The tax part worries me the most. At what point does the deficit matter? Maybe we can just print $2 trillion in cash each year to pay for things, I guess. If company money comes back from overseas, should be some guideline on how it's used......just saying. I'm starting to feel good about this market for the first time in a while.
Must go......things to do.
God bless
the Pudd

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Hi @Puddnhead.
    You stated: " I want to see things get back to more normal."

>>>Likely the statement to end all statements, eh? I suspect "normal" has a lot of different views dependent upon ones experiences in life, to date. A time machine operated and/or controlled by a truly benevolent source might prove the only saving grace. Normal never remains static from my experience on this planet. What was normal for something or someone 1 week, 1 month, 1 year previous and beyond backward will not likely take place again. One exception, with modifications of some human nature; is recurring wars, of consequential size, somewhere on this rock.
    Otherwise, the "more normal" for this time period, in the state of Michigan and Ohio; is that many sports oriented folks have already set a schedule as to where they will be to watch a football game.

Regards,
    Catch
  • @Puddnhead & MFO Members: On several occasions this year I predicted the S&P 500 would finish 2016 at 2323. Guess I mssed the mark by about 4%, but all-in-all it's been a great year.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited November 2016
    I've never been with the naysayers. If you'd followed the (advice, lead, suggestion or whatever) of some here you'd have been largely in cash & short term bonds for 3 or 4 years now.