Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David , did I miss something in March issue ?

@ David Snowball : " We’ll try to help. Our March issue will include my annual portfolio disclosure,"

Derf

Comments

• "And if the individuals involved were Chartered Financial Analysts"

There is no such thing. If you hold the CFA designation, you are a Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder, NOT a Chartered Financial Analyst.

:)
  • Hi, Derf.

My portfolio review is a victim of my problems with the Morningstar website. I can't even see my portfolio through Chrome, my default browser, and I've been exchanging (amiable and patient) notes with them for six weeks about it. That keeps derailing me, at least in part because I become frustrated and stomp around rather than switching to Firefox or Edge or whatever. Two other stories are similarly in limbo because there are some things that their database (when it's working) facilitates that ours does not. Sorry.

Hi, JoJo.

If you want to pick that bone with the CFA and/or CFA Charterholder in question, drop a note to [email protected].

David

• Hi David, after months of frustration with Morningstar I installed Firefox which I use for Morningstar and 3 other websites. It is very easy to install and use and the problems are greatly reduced. When I *do* have Morningstar Portfolio problems I can fix them myself. I am not very computer/tech savvy but the fixes are the equivalent of using a screwdriver.
  • @MFO Members: Just when I was getting ready to praise M* for the ability to link in printer friendly format in its new beta version, today I find it isn't working. On the M* Website you never know what your getting from day-to-day!
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted- Tell me!
  • Hi, Derf.

My portfolio review is a victim of my problems with the Morningstar website. I can't even see my portfolio through Chrome, my default browser, and I've been exchanging (amiable and patient) notes with them for six weeks about it. That keeps derailing me, at least in part because I become frustrated and stomp around rather than switching to Firefox or Edge or whatever. Two other stories are similarly in limbo because there are some things that their database (when it's working) facilitates that ours does not. Sorry.

Hi, JoJo.

If you want to pick that bone with the CFA and/or CFA Charterholder in question, drop a note to [email protected].

David

Not picking any bones, just try messing with y'all. But as a CFA Charterholder myself, I know all too well from the curriculum that calling oneself a Chartered Financial Analyst is a no go.
  • David Snowball: I saw where you were having problems with connection ,but didn't put 2 & 2 together. Have a good weekend !
    Derf
  • Hi, Derf.

Sorry about whining, but the glitches are an almost daily feature now. When you can't even rely on the simplest function - correctly identifying that a fund exists in their system - work gets challenging.

David
  • The fact that *M can't even get the search function to work properly speaks for itself.
  • this is strange because I use chrome for M* without any of the above problems. I can't say I like the new "look" especially the apparent lack of charting for stocks, but the portfolio seems to still work.

I heard Firefox was becoming more insecure but recent discussion on the web seem to be more positive. I use both Chrome and firefox without huge problems
  • Knock ... Kncok ... Knock on wood.

So far everything is good for me with Morningstar Portfolio Manager, Fund Reports and Xray.

As most know, I make it known on the board when it is not.

And, I was recently thinking of restarting their premium service.