Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chaos As IRS Payment Site Crashes

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Possible causes:
    1. Russian hacking
    2. IRS budget cuts (couldn't pay for peak load servers)
    3. Executive branch-initiated tax cut (Congress, we don't need no stinking Congress) - watch those Trump poll numbers
  • 4. President Obama
    5. Hillary's emails
  • Sent a check, although I was tempted to try the online payment. Got whacked by the AMT for the first time ever, woe is me. What I read the other day suggested that the AMT won't affect as many taxpayers next year.
  • edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice- I agree. The AMT was really poorly done. And what's the point of the government sending you SS with one hand and taking part of it back with another?
  • Old_Joe said:

@Maurice- I agree. The AMT was really poorly done. And what's the point of the government sending you SS with one hand and taking part of it back with another?

Ding. Ring that bell. We have a winner. Feces. Damn gummint.
  • And they're offering an extra day to file and pay. Absurd. Wanna bet that thing freezes again?