Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Quirks and Issues at Morningstar ... And, a Plus ... Their fourms are still up and running.

edited July 2018 in Off-Topic
Tried to sign in this morning at Morningstar to check my portfolio. You guessed it as it was a no go. Seems, the quirks and issues still remain today at Morningstar as they have over the past couple of years. At least they have for me.

However, I was able to get to the fourms without signing in.

For those that enjoyed the Buy, Sell & Ponder thread that Scott started at MFO years back (and appears to be no more) there is a Buy, Sell & Why tread over at the Morningstar board that is still active and was started by @rforno. I have provided a link below for those interested. I have viewed it several times during the past couple of months seeking the thoughts and movements of other retail investors (again) since the thread at MFO appears to be no more. I served as its host for a couple of years and I have no desire to host it again. Perhaps, someone will come forward and restart it.

https://socialize.morningstar.com/NewSocialize/forums/p/384355/3943437.aspx#3943437

Comments

• Really need an alternative to M*.

It feels to me as if say Xerox was the only company making photocopiers.
    Or Dell only company making computers.
    Or for some, Facebook is the only way to waste your time.
  • Yes, there are alternatives, but WHEN IT WORKS PROPERLY, the Morningstar Portfolio Manager is easiest to use, for me. I use their discussions when I'm finished looking at MFO.

• What pains me is when people consider 'Facebook' to be the same as the internet .. just as how folks thought AOL was the internet back during Dot Com. Nope, just giant walled gardens, they are, purposely designed to be sticky and keep you inside their niiiiiice panoptical borders so your activity can be monitored and sold to advertisers.

Remember, to Facebook, Twitter, et.al, 'users' and 'user activity' are just the raw materials these social media firms rely on to develop a product (user activity data) for sale to their true clients -- the advertising companies.
  • @rforno- I felt that Google was going to become an all-intrusive nanny waaaay back when, and stripped everything except Google Earth from my Mac. I wouldn't touch any of the "social media" sites for any amount of money.