Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Re: "A New MFOer's Inagural Posting."

This first post by a new MFO member is hardly auspicious. It started on an obviously combative and barely concealed hostile attitude, and took no time at all to degenerate into a vicious and undeserved personal attack on @Ted.

Many of you are well aware that Ted and I have our disagreements and issues. That's as may be. When I think that he's wrong, I'll continue to tell him so, and I have no doubt that he'll return the favor.

That said, I want to go on record as stating that personal attacks of the type made by "jonesge" have the potential to be extremely destructive of the MFO community, and should be dealt with immediately and severely by the moderators, as they were in this case.

As David said, "Dear lord, people."

OJ

Comments

• I gave his post the benefit of a doubt, but Ted was right, the guy or gal was a troll, reminiscent of a couple others we have had over the years.
  • #Pillows
  • Ya, that troll was full of shit. Agreed.
  • I’ll echo what @Old_Joe said well.

That post never should have seen the light of day. @Ted is a highly respected long-time member here. I don’t know where he / she was going with that post ... but I’ll say that whoever wrote it isn’t an armateur. Skillful with words. But complete garbage.

Hey guys, we need to stay focused on MFO’s mission to provide guidance to investors and not get sucked into those kinds of nasty exchanges!
  • Just so you all know. I sent several private and respectful messages directly to Ted asking that he self moderate himself.

I asked that he quit using the deragatory and defamatory term "Troll".

He said he would not self moderate himself ... then he turned into Racist and Ranting Ted because he disliked my views on Columbus Day and support for Native Americans ... in particular for my Wife, Uncle, etc.

So ... please get the full story before you get out your linguistic guillotine on me. I have read many of the postings negative of Ted on MFO ... and while others may tolerate him and fail to call him out .. . I need not.

• Ted's mistake regarding the only thing you posted regarding investing was in not fully correcting your false statement that "The markets in the U.S. are closed today". He wrote that the stock markets were open today. Since you had initially mentioned commodities markets such as corn (and subsequently mentioned futures), he should have added that CBOT trading in commodities was open today as well.

https://www.cmegroup.com/tools-information/holiday-calendar.html#tradingFloors2018
    https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/why-futures/welcome-to-corn-futures.html
  • Just so you know: the "full story" is that there is no place for garbage or trolls on MFO. Act like one, be called for it.
  • Old_Joe has said: "Many of you are well aware that Ted and I have our disagreements and issues."

Hank has said: "Ted is a highly respected long-time member here."

It appears Joe, Hank el al have failed to come up with a solution about Ted's Garbage Like & NothingBurger postings and yet he rambles on and on and on ... then unjustly starts to attack new-time newbie members.

On July 22 Old_Joe said: https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/42472/a-bit-of-mfo-history#latest
    "The current outbreak of controversy is hardly the first time that MFO posters have been so upset, and the common denominator of these eruptions has frequently been the actions, comments, demands, and criticisms of... yes, Ted."

There should be a clear warning about Weird Ted posted on MFO so newbies can steer clear of his toxic waste and also the waste of other old-timers who support him.

Weird Ted is kinda like that Old Grandpa who would come over once a year for the Family Christmas Dinner ... but he was always made to sit at his own table because no one could tolerate him ... and then sometimes he would go on a rampage.
  • edited October 2018
    Enough. Go away. I don't much agree with Ted. But your ad homimem rants are way out of bounds. Are you waiting to be told? OK, go fuck yourself and get out of here.