Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PRWCX down 6.63% today

Does anybody know why?

Comments

• Check for a year-end distribution. If you own other funds, expect to see more of the same.

• Year end distro! I am buying more tomorrow, actually.....my annual throw-more-money-into-it tradition.
  • Is this fund closed to new investors? Thx

• Yup - closed in 2014, I think. Existing shareholders can add to it.
    MikeW said:

Is this fund closed to new investors? Thx

• edited December 2018
    Quite a few of mine got hit with distributions this week. ‘Tis the season. Not to worry. Usually goes back in in the form of newly purchased shares next day or so. However, you can often locate distribution dates listed on the fund sponsor’s website if will make ya feel better.
  • PRWCX price is down 1.94 today. Total distribution is 1.98. So actually PRWCX is up 0.04.
  • Howdy folks,

I know that I WANT DONUTS!!

and so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • edited December 2018
    DavidV said:

PRWCX price is down 1.94 today. Total distribution is 1.98. So actually PRWCX is up 0.04.

While I don’t currently own TRRIX, my portfolio closely mirrors its performance most days (mostly by design). When I checked that one, it was “0 change” for the day. So, while distributions for at least 2 funds impacted the day’s total negatively, I’m pretty confident it didn’t really change much.

At last check, TRRIX was off around 2% ytd and I was running very close to it.

• Morn'in @hank
    Our 30% equity stake continues to have the crap punched out of the total; as tech. and health are tak'in it on the head again today (Dec. 14). The 30% all too soon may become 25% of total portfolio value.
    Take care,
    Catch
  • I want DONUTS. too. An old Fund Alarm in-joke: OMG, my fund was down by a million percent! LAUGH. No worries. Year-end distribution. Yes, PRWCX did me goodly. "Bigly," in fact.;) PRIDX pays next week. I checked the estimate and was positively surprised. The fund is way down, more recently. It was doing handstands earlier in the year. I wonder about the nuts-and-bolts of that. Profits were segregated at a good time for doing so?
  • rono said:

Howdy folks,

I know that I WANT DONUTS!!

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

totally !!!