Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Don't Let The Old Man In

Country music singer-songwriter Toby Keith wrote and recorded a new song for Clint Eastwood that the movie legend decided to include in his new movie The Mule.
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• Hi Guys,

I'm 84 years young. Discussing investment options and the economic world with you have been a great help to me in keeping my old man at the door. He tries but fails. Many thanks to all of you.

My Very Best Wishes
  • circa33,
    At 85 yrs young what time frame should I consider for investing ? long or short term regards circa33

• Ben
    edited March 2019
    If this video was put on Youtube by the makers of the video I am astonished and disappointed that they couldn't be bothered to proofread the subtitles. The second line of the chorus is clearly sung as "ask yourself how OLD you would be if you didn't know the day you were born". That makes sense. The subtitles say " "ask yourself how you would be if you didn't know the day you were born". That makes no sense. Good song.
  • Gotta love uncle Clint.
  • edited March 2019
    d
  • Toby tells a good story behind how/why the song was written.