Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

College Isn’t For Everyone

2»

Comments

• I worked alongside many dozens of high-caliber engineers over the decades in almost all of the engineering fields, and without exception the most widely educated ones, those with the most exposure to literature and history and the other soft disciplines, were the best thinkers, communicators, and colleagues.
  • edited July 2019
    Well, since "without exception the most widely educated ones, those with the most exposure to literature and history and the other soft disciplines, were the best thinkers, communicators, and colleagues" I guess that I've been well and properly assigned to my correct place. I'll just sit down and be quiet now.
  • not the only, though
  • also, something helped you become a precise and clear and eloquent writer, if it was not any coursework