Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Faith-Based Funds Attract Loyal Investors

Comments

• "... ""If a manager is investing to glorify God, their goal should be to perform at least as well as the world, if not better." Vomit.
    Many here know my background. I've tried to employ my own ethical filters, but it is extremely hard. There's no perfect fund. On a different note, re: the article which @Ted linked: It seems obtuse to me, that an ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) emphasis should be somehow separate and distinct from a religious motivation when investing. I'm convinced that if one claims to be religious, but his/her beliefs don't impact the important aspects of life, then that religion is just a hobby. And of course, one doesn't have to be religious to attempt to live ethically, like the rest of us.
  • @Crash: I'm not sure, but I think there's a place in heaven for you ! Upon further review Saint Peter is shaking his head No, he must go to Purgatory !!!
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • @Ted, you are too kind. Purgatory? Anyhow, when God hears from me, she'll have a helluva lotta explaining to do!