Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• One case is not like the other in my mind.

Doesn't mean I disagree with either of the folks you cited.

But Ms Wheelbarger is a civilian. And Capt. Crozier is not -- obviously.

I don't think it's healthy in the long run for civilians to latch onto officers to bolster their point of view in a republican, or democratic, system of government.
  • let's not start listing firings and resignations under this 'president', seriously
  • edited June 2020
    Ya, I know. I've had conversations with friends about uncle Joe's upcoming decision about a running-mate. I think STACEY ABRAMS! My buddy said she hasn't yet held elected office, no experience that way. He thought K. Harris would be better from that angle. But listening to a news-roundtable on MSNBC, one participant addressed that very consideration by saying: "I would remind everyone that DONALD TRUMP is CURRENTLY the President!" Ya, nothing else need be said, eh? Bolton is a scumbag, but his book only shows even further just how scrambled and perverted and corrupt and ignorant this "President" is. ("Is Finland part of Russia?"... Are you effing kidding me, Mr. PRESIDENT?)
  • Howdy folks,

Two issues that are mutually exclusive. He broke the chain of command and that IS an offense that must be punished. He protected his troops which means he will always be a hero in the finest tradition. How to reconcile these two opposing facts is a bitch.

Rono would be proud to serve under this man.

S/Sgt rono

• So you can murder a prisoner, pose with the body, be sort of disciplined, have it wiped out, get all your trinkets and benefits back but you can't protect the men under your command. Do you see why I have a problem with your interpretation of the rules rono?
  • The problem isn't with the rules, but the uneven application of them. And that's the hallmark of this "president": the "rules" are whatever he happens to want at any given time.
  • I think rono is referring to Captain Crozier.
  • Yes, he is. Mark was comparing Captain Crozier's situation to the recent military trial of Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher, who was lauded by the "president".