Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Movie: Wall Street (1987)

edited December 2020 in Off-Topic
Saw this for the first time recently. It’s streaming free on Amazon Prime if a member. I thought the acting was great. Lots of comments about money, life, greed worth chewing on. A fun film if you don’t take it too seriously.

Comments

• Thanks, @hank- will check that one out.
  • Yes, good one. Agreed.
  • All-time classic:-)
  • I like that Martin and Charlie Sheen are both in it, playing father-son.
  • @hank- We checked Amazon Prime this last weekend, and found that both "Wall Street" and the sequel "Wall Street- Money Never Sleeps" were available, but there was a note that the sequel was only going to be available for another 13 hours! So we got lucky and watched "Money Never Sleeps" first- it was very good. Next weekend we'll watch the original "Wall Street".

Thanks for the tip-
    OJ
  • edited December 2020
    @Old_Joe - Great to hear. To be honest, I started to watch the sequel ( Money Never Sleeps) but quit after 10 minutes. Didn’t like. But, the original (cited above) is a real gem.

I watched “Bad Education” on HBO Max recently. Terrific job by Hugh Jackman playing the role of a talented and gifted high school administrator who, unfortunately, chose to steal millions from the system before getting caught. You can get anything on Amazon if you’re willing to pay $3 or $4 for a 2 day rental - the reason I subscribed to HBO Max for 6 months at $69.
  • Agee. The first one, Wall Street, is a classic.