Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Biden will become an “illegitimate” President - Says Trump

edited December 2020 in Off-Topic

Disgusting comment.

For the life of me I don’t understand his cult-like following. What would a bunch of heavily armed undereducated individuals of modest means (referencing the plot to kidnap our Governor) residing mostly in outlying provincial rural Michigan and Wisconsin communities “see” in a self-proclaimed billionaire real estate magnate who spends his leisure time golfing at plush southern resorts - the types of environs most of them can only dream of?

It’s doubtful any of them has ever spent time in the Big Apple where Trump is from. And if they did, most would not / could not adapt to the NYC culture - its multi-ethnicity, sprawling metropolis, heavy emphasis on the arts and culture, high rent and heavy police presence. Likely they’d scaddadle out of town in an instant.

Mind you - I’m not questioning the conservative principles many hold. Those views are, I believe legitimate. But DT is a curious choice of vessel to convey that message, as his wealthy upbringing, professional career and life style would appear almost antithetical to how most of them were raised or live today.

So again, I pose the question, What do these followers see in this man?

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Donald is simply jealous of Joe Biden and Karmala Harris who are named as the Person Of the Year by TIME. Both are well deserved.
    https://time.com/person-of-the-year-2020-joe-biden-kamala-harris/

But wait, Donald should be happy that he earned the Loser of the Year award by Der Spiegel (the largest magazine in Germany).
    Der Spiegel said that the president was "a man who ... was never concerned with the common good, but always with one thing - himself."
    https://businessinsider.com/donald-trump-loser-of-the-year-der-spiegel-magazine-time-2020-12
    Also he managed to beat Boris Johnson for that title for Boris's accomplishment on Brexit. By the end of today, Boris will get handed his rejection from EU.
  • Whatever they may see, in one respect we actually owe Trump some thanks. These people were not created by Trump- they were there all along and he just brought them out of the shadows. At least we now know the reality we're up against.
  • edited December 2020
    Let’s not overlook the fact that ascribing to that vitriolic rhetoric would lead to the inescapable conclusion that we also have an illegitimate Supreme Court.:(
  • Well, one member of that court is, in my opinion, illegitimate: Brett M. Kavanaugh. Mitch McConnell blatantly cheated Barack Obama out of his right to appoint Merrick Garland, and Kavanaugh was later appointed by Trump to fill that place.

• These lawsuits undermine the integrity of US voting process and our democracy especially when there are no evidences found as charged. Only one case where some late votes were discarded, but it did not affected the final outcome. The remaining 30+ lawsuits all failed in lower courts. Defeat in Georgia was particularly stinging since this is supposedly the most conservative GOP state, andd it got flipped to blue. They need to remember that Bill Clinton who won Georgia twice.

@Old_Joe, Merrill Garland would make a fine Supreme Court justice.
  • edited December 2020
    Uncle Joe must not go in trying to be Mr. Nice Guy. They stonewalled Obama. They will stonewall any Democrat. It not a Party anymore, and it hasn't been for many years. It's a seditious organization of assholes who manage to get themselves elected under a legitimate sounding name, connected to REAL Presidents like Lincoln and Eisenhower. EXECUTIVE ORDERS, UNTIL HE RUNS OUT OF INK! AND THEN GO GET SOME MORE INK.
  • I try not to listen to what this "illegitimate" human being has to say. Has he hit 25K lies yet?
  • Yes, and he's overdue for an oil change.