Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

6 Sites to Research Mutual Funds

Comments

• why, oh why?
  • Thanks, hank. Nice to see MFO there.
  • "Mutual Fund Observer is a site that provides periodic commentary on all things mutual funds in the form of a newsletter to which investors can subscribe to."

"to which investors can subscribe to" ???

If the writer was in such a hurry that they didn't bother to proofread how much time was spent on actual research?
  • edited May 2021
    Old_Joe said:

"Mutual Fund Observer is a site that provides periodic commentary on all things mutual funds in the form of a newsletter to which investors can subscribe to."

"to which investors can subscribe to" ???

If the writer was in such a hurry that they didn't bother to proofread how much time was spent on actual research?

Hmmm … Picky. Picky! My only gripe is mfo should have been listed #1 and not #4. As far as the unclear or inaccurate description, at least the writer provided a link to the site.

So I’m thinking : “You get ‘em here. We’ll learn ‘em.”

And nobody better at teaching newcomers their way around here than you. @Old_Joe
  • edited June 2021
    I must say that I was happy that MFO was included but was very disappointed in the description.
    “Mutual Fund Observer is a site that provides periodic commentary on all things mutual funds in the form of a newsletter to which investors can subscribe to."

Periodic commentary? A newsletter you can subscribe to? = Snooze fest. Boring.

No mention of MFO Premium? Screening? Discussion boards? Just one of a million newsletters and “periodic commentary”. Thank goodness I found MFO before that description. It’s so much more.
  • As I said... how much time was spent on actual research?
  • edited June 2021
    The writer describes mfo as offering up “commentary on all things mutual funds.

Appears to be playing off the common idiom “all things considered”. In so doing, he asserts that mfo is an exceptional source of information on mutual funds; one that overlooks nothing relevant on the subject. Here, couched in plain simple language, is one fine complement to this site, boiled-down to the essence.