Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

VettaFi

edited August 2022 in Fund Discussions
https://vettafi.com/

VettaFi now Includes ETFdb, ETFTrend, Alerian, S-Network. The component sites note their VettaFi connection and there are changes in their layouts, but their URLs remain the same for now.
https://ybbpersonalfinance.proboards.com/thread/334/vettafi-includes-etftrend-alerian-network

Comments

• greek to me. ...
  • @Crash, ETFdb has been my go-to site for ETFs for years and I noticed a new look and layout only today, 8/29/22 (but not a few days ago when I checked it also) although formally, all this happened in May 2022. Then I got to the bottom of this and that may be too much info for most. Anyway, more explanations follows.

This is an important fund industry (CEFs, OEFs, ETFs) news related to consolidation on 2 fronts.

1. ETF Data & Education. ETFdb (2009- ) is a comprehensive, go-to resource for ETFs. Sister ETFTrend (2005- ) focuses on ETF news, developments and education. ETFdb acquired ETFTrend in 2019.

2. ETF Indexers. Alerian (2004- ) provides indexes for MLP and energy funds. S-Network (1997- ) provides indexes for smart-beta, sector thematic, alternatives and ESG funds. Alerian acquired S-Network in 2020.

Now all of these belong to VettaFi. It is possible/likely that all will retain their identity and names in some form, but their URLs may change eventually. VettFi is a coined/made-up name, and its executives may decide on a unified rebranding at some point (or not).
  • edited August 2022
    Hi Sirs - what are your etfdb largest holder vehicle[s] or top 5 mf /etf/ holders?
    Thankyou for disclosing. We maybe looking for new etf or funds maybe adding

Ours -
    Spy
    Qqqm
    Iwm
    Vwo
    5% portfolio used for tradings
    30s% bonds [mostly large corp, several munis]
    Still has moderate vgstx, vpccx and vanguard tdf 2050 long term
  • @Crash, ETFdb has been my go-to site for ETFs for years and I noticed a new look and layout only today, 8/29/22 (but not a few days ago when I checked it also) although formally, all this happened in May 2022. Then I got to the bottom of this and that may be too much info for most. Anyway, more explanations follows.

This is an important fund industry (CEFs, OEFs, ETFs) news related to consolidation on 2 fronts.

1. ETF Data & Education. ETFdb (2009- ) is a comprehensive, go-to resource for ETFs. Sister ETFTrend (2005- ) focuses on ETF news, developments and education. ETFdb acquired ETFTrend in 2019.

2. ETF Indexers. Alerian (2004- ) provides indexes for MLP and energy funds. S-Network (1997- ) provides indexes for smart-beta, sector thematic, alternatives and ESG funds. Alerian acquired S-Network in 2020.

Now all of these belong to VettaFi. It is possible/likely that all will retain their identity and names in some form, but their URLs may change eventually. VettFi is a coined/made-up name, and its executives may decide on a unified rebranding at some point (or not).

Thanks, @yogibearbull. Extremely detailed and useful! :)