Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest unveils new actively managed Venture Fund

“Cathie Wood and brokerage platform Titan partnered together to launch the actively managed ARK Venture Fund (MUTF: XARKX). The new ARK Venture Fund aims to democratize venture capital by providing all market participants access to innovative organizations throughout the private and public markets with a minimum investment of $500.”

Read story here

Comments

• not for me. just too exotic.
  • How does anybody know what the daily NAV is with any reasonable accuracy? Is it what Cathie says it is?
  • +1 Crash Better name for the fund is Adventure !
  • edited October 2022
    Since XARKX is structured as an interval fund, large outflows (like ARKK experienced) shouldn't be an issue.
  • jayzuz h. christ. such bushwah. so, she had to invest all of her own money to get it going. that required some nerve and courage. just don't try to tell me that gawd directed you to do it. ... gawd told me today to track down and kill that fucking dog that barks at all hours. ... same for the goddam 2-wheeled noise machines that go by, making life unbearable. but i did not follow gawd's advice on these two items. i think i did the right thing, even though some simple peace and quiet is still hard to come by, here.
  • edited October 2022
    Lately, it does seem that God tells people to go out and become billionaires more often during their epiphanies than He tells them to give up all their material wealth and preach the gospel in the streets to the poor. It’s all part of His divine rebranding campaign. Material bread feeds the flock better than the Bread of Life in God 2.0.
  • XARKX prospectus filing, https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1905088/000110465922091469/tm2215312-7_424b3.htm

Note interval-fund structure with optional quarterly redemption opportunities for 5-25% of shares. Secondary markets are not expected to develop.

Good-faith fair-value daily pricing using Board's judgement and 3rd party services.
  • edited October 2022

Lately, it does seem that God tells people to go out and become billionaires more often during their epiphanies than He tells them to give up all their material wealth and preach the gospel in the streets to the poor. It’s all part of His divine rebranding campaign. Material bread feeds the flock better than the Bread of Life in God 2.0.

God also taketh away. Unfunded tax break for UK’s wealthy hath been stricken down.

NPR
  • She's done well by being in the right place at the right time when tech stocks shot the moon in recent years. Frankly I think she's reckless with other people's money, trades in/out of things too bleepin' much chasing momentum, and has far too much faith in one sector. The ARK article (ARKticle?) in this month's MFO commentary describes it in very stark terms.

I also tend to avoid any money manager who becomes a 'rock star' in the finp0rn media --- Rob Arnott, Michael Hassenstab, Bill Gross, etc. They end up believing their own soundbytes before dramatically flaming out.
  • "I believe in God and my NAV estimates are of Biblical proportions" (Cathie Sawdust)
  • edited October 2022
    God is not an investment advisor and Faith is not an investment strategy.
  • If one has some throw away money, I would put into this over ARKK, just because she can not trade in and out so easily. As to she investing her own money, she just has The Brass Teapot that spits out money even when the pain is yours. When money comes easily, you tend to become a bigger risk taker with that money. Venture investing has its role but I am not any more certain one would make a profit on XARKX than on ARK.
  • Lately, it does seem that God tells people to go out and become billionaires more often during their epiphanies than He tells them to give up all their material wealth and preach the gospel in the streets to the poor. It’s all part of His divine rebranding campaign. Material bread feeds the flock better than the Bread of Life in God 2.0.

Hear, hear!
  • rforno said:

God is not an investment advisor and Faith is not an investment strategy.

Yes, what you said.