Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Camp Lejeune

edited November 2022 in Off-Topic
Among the many readers and contributors on MFO, is there just one of you who knew me or even saw me drinking water at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina between 1953 and 1984? I don't have complete recall of all my past escapades. To the best of my knowledge I never served in the armed forces or resided in North Carolina, but maybe my knowledge is faulty. If you fit the bill, have your people get with my people and we'll work out a mutually beneficial arrangement. With the proper help I could become a very effective witness on my own behalf. I'd hate to see all those bucks on offer go to someone undeserving.

Comments

• Gett'in tired of the tv ads, eh? I receive about 5 emails (spam folder) each day.
    If you want to provide me with enough personal data, I do believe I can build a case for you; and perhaps get a bit of cash flow, too. I was well trained in the Air Force, working with intelligence groups and having a TS clearance with add-ons. And I know how to keep a secret. No one else will read our correspondence here.
    :)
  • I was in the Coast Guard, and later as an air traffic controller had a bottom secret (BS) clearance with no add-ons. Having been married for over fifty years it's for sure that I can keep a secret or two. Any way for me to get in on this bonanza?
    :)
  • Perhaps we need to form a LLC for moving forward. The marriage aspect supersedes most of the government security levels.
  • Damn straight on that!
  • Howdy folks,

Excuse me but there are a lot of people that have suffered from this. I was never stationed at Camp Lejeune, but my wife was there for about a year with her first husband (yeah, I guess she has a think for Marines, but that's sooooo understandable). About 10 years back she was diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer and came thru with clear margins. Not everyone has.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

• @rono - I don't believe that folks are dismissing or making light of the pollution and health risks but rather they are pointing at the blood-sucking lawyers and law firms sucking and crawling around for those payouts which should really be aiding the victims. I know it's a timeless practice but it still pisses me off.
  • @rono- Yes, Mark has it right. Very sorry if I seemed dismissive. My wife also... hopefully that holds.

Dan