Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Limited Edition NFTs - Only $99!

edited December 2022 in Off-Topic
I wouldn't recommend buying these Trump NFTs for a nanosecond.
The informational video on the site is bizarre: better than Lincoln, better than Washington!
Trump will do anything to make a buck.
It's perplexing that a man like this became the leader of the most powerful country on earth.
Link

Comments

• yup, truth.
  • More than perplexing. Downright unbelievable.
  • edited December 2022
    Excerpts from Heather Cox Richardson's Letters from an American (12/15) regarding the Trump NFTs.

"Ron Filipkowski, a former federal prosecutor and Republican who now monitors right-wing extremism, tweeted: 'All I can say is that those of us who have lost friends, fought with relatives, resigned positions, been called traitor, left our party, all because we saw very clearly what a con-man, huckster and fraud this man is, have never felt more vindicated.'"

"The reduction of the former president to a cartoon grifter seems likely to have political repercussions.
    Right-wing media personality Baked Alaska, who is facing six months in jail after pleading guilty to parading, demonstrating or picketing inside a Capitol building for his participation in the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, tweeted: 'i can’t believe i’m going to jail for an nft salesman,' with a sad face emoji."

I believe it was David Brooks who stated (paraphrasing here) that Trump diminishes everyone in his orbit.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.
  • Yes, David Brooks is an honest observer. Having watched him on PBS Newshour for many many years I've noticed that ever since Trump he's seemed to lose some of his vivacity- kinda just become a bit more subdued, even sad, perhaps. He seems to be reconciling himself to the diminishment of his Republican party. Sometime I get the feeling that he's having a hard time even describing the ongoing disintegration of the political philosophy that he's chosen to be associated with.
  • Old_Joe,

I've also watched PBS Newshour for many years.
    One of the episodes (shortly after Jan. 6 insurrection?) was the source of David Brooks's statement.