Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Donald Trump NFT Collection Sells Out, Price Surges

"Former U.S. President Donald Trump’s non-fungible token (NFT) digital trading card collection sold out early Friday, the day after its initial release.

According to data from OpenSea, at time of writing, the collection’s trading volume is 900 ETH, or about $1.08 million. Its floor price is about 0.19 ETH, or about $230 – more than double the original price of $99."

Did you miss out?

Comments

• a fool and their money will soon part.
  • Do you mean like investing in crypto and Chinese stocks?
  • We all know Trump bought them himself....probably with OPM (Other Peoples Money).

Anything for attention.
  • a sucker born every minute. or maybe JD is correct. Nothing is beyond the pale with that evil buffoon. The Trumpster, not JD.
  • If they would vote for him they would buy his garbage. Hell,,,, they have been buying his garbage all along.
  • OK, that's it... I give up. Until Trump I had absolutely no idea how many Americans are total morons. Very scary.
  • @Old_Joe. You nailed it. At this point you might say that morons of American number about 49 % of he voting population. And a higher proportion of the rest. As you say,,,, “very scary” And if you aren’t a straight, white Anglo Saxon, native born male it’s even scarier.
  • what you said!!!
  • Maybe a few of the people who bought those whatever-they-ares intend to leave them to their children. Maybe in fifty years Antiques Road Show will appraise them for twice what they cost. Allowing for inflation, at least they might break even.
  • How is it possible to sell out of JPEG images?
  • I hope they all get enough profit they can afford a better education for their descendants.
  • My son had an interesting takeaway from this story... This makes an excellent way for supporters to 'donate' without showing up on anyone's radar; while, at the same time, avoiding contribution limits.

Reminds me a bit of the developing computer industry: As the chips became smaller, more dense, and more expensive, an IBM'er was once quoted as saying, "The goal is to sell NO product for INFINITE money". This seems to be in line with that goal. 8^b
  • edited December 2022
    The money from these amateur photoshopped 'collectibiles' goes to Tweety Amin personally. So for all we know, one of his PACs or other dark money groups simply bought them all up that day, which meant he was (legally) able to move ~$4.5M from a restricted campaign/political account to his own piggy bank. I wouldn't put it past him to do this sort of thing.

The NFT craze peaked a looooong time ago; this is beyond pathetic, even by his standards. Heck, after this idioy, even his buddy Steve Bannon is fed up w/his antics, too.

Edit: The fine print on the first sale says that 10% of every secondary market sales goes right back to Tweety, so it's the grift that keeps on grifting, like a virus.

Edit 2: The NFT company's mailing address is the same as his International Golf Club in West Palm Beach. Imagine that!
  • I just love it! The grifter that keeps on grifting.
  • Once a grifter, always a grifter!
  • If these had been old-school style trading cards, they would have been dumped into the Dollar Tree stores instantly.
  • What a way to fleecing his followers. That is no different than selling used stuff from the White House - no class for sure.
  • I could only repeat what's already been said.
  • “ Until Trump I had absolutely no idea how many Americans are total morons. Very scary.”

Exactly how I felt about those that would vote for a senile person with another behind the curtain calling the shots.
  • Interesting. I wonder who that person "behind the curtain calling the shots" might be. For a "senile person" Mr Biden seems to be doing pretty well lately... certainly a lot better than the former occupant of the White House. Although I must agree that the former occupant of the White House sure got a lot of attention this morning.
  • Even though he deserves it, we won't ever see the orange man in an orange jump-suit.
  • @Old_Joe - maybe he's referring to Ronny
  • @Mark- Maybe not- isn't there some kind of difference between Democratic and Republican senility?
  • I guess we aren't up on all the recent right-wing propaganda stories. Fox has really lost its dazzle. And that's a good thing.

Wait, didn't Nancy call the shots for Ronny's 2nd term? He wasn't senile - he just liked to nap a bit during meetings. Good ole "Sleepy Dutch".
  • "He wasn't senile - he just liked to nap a bit during meetings."

There, you see? I knew there had to be a difference! :)
  • Gary1952 said:

“ Until Trump I had absolutely no idea how many Americans are total morons. Very scary.”

Exactly how I felt about those that would vote for a senile person with another behind the curtain calling the shots.

@Chahta, do drop in.
  • Consequences of Biden and his administrations blunders will be felt for years in this country. Lifetime grifter who should be on the golf course. It's embarrassing to see him read the teleprompter.

Crazy news regarding the Twitter files. Government censorship why is it not front page on that propaganda rag the new York times? Seems many of the conspiracy theories are true over and over again.

I'm no orange man fan but for certain I'm no Biden admin fan either.

How this country fell for the defund the police, free money handouts, drug legalization, violent and destructive BLM riots, open borders, insane foreign policy, let folks out of jail, no consequences for crime is certainly the work of anti Americans.

• edited December 2022
    Consequences of Trump and his administration's blunders will be felt for years in this country. A lifetime grifter who should be on the golf course. It's embarrassing to see him read the teleprompter.

How this country fell for the defund the IRS, free money handouts for corporations, recommending horse drugs for Covid, violent, destructive and seditious riots, ripping children away from their families at the border, insane foreign policy, let convicted Trump conspirators out of jail, no consequences for crime is certainly the work of anti Americans.
  • perfectly said, OJ.
  • edited December 2022
    Well done, OJ. I'm sure that 2nd paragraph could have been a few pages longer.

Kind of telling that so many of Trump's cohorts fan afoul of the law. Class acts such as: Steve Bannon, Paul Manafort & Rick Gates, Roger Stone, George Papadopolous, Allen Weisselberg, Michael Flynn, Michael Cohen, Tom Barrack. And the son-in-law, Jared Kushner, was another sketchy character.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."