Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

the June issue is incubating!

Hi, guys.

Chip continues her recovery from surgery, which is a bit more sporadic than we'd hoped. In consequence, the June issue will go live somewhere between Friday evening and Saturday.

Good stuff coming:

investing like Taylor Swift, in CEFs (me)
the HSA as a backdoor to wealth building (msf)
advice for a young investor (Lynn)
dinner and a walk with David Sherman (Devesh)
recession watch (Lynn, with the note "buckle up")
Buffett, inflation and equities (Devesh)
Leuthold Core, with a sidetrip to Global and Core ETF (me)
cool churnings in the industry (Shadow)

And stuff!

Comments

• Thanks, David.
    Surely worth the wait. Best wishes for Chip's recovery.
  • Concur : Health before wealth !
  • Best wishes for Chip's speedy recovery. Take care.
  • Best wishes to a speedy recovery!
  • Sorry to learn Chip's recovery has been less than ideal. May the days ahead be better and her health swiftly return
  • Hope that Chip is doing better. We are here for you !
  • Yes, we are all strongly rooting for Chip, and hoping for the best.
  • Chip, be well.
  • Sincerely extend the same good wishes to Chip.
  • Best wishes for a speedy recovery
  • I hope Chip is thriving. Toothsome intro, as usual. This had me rolling. "In 1860, that meant Sweden … though there was a short-lived experiment in peaceful coexistence with Norwegian Lutherans. (Predictably, that came to naught.) Garrison Keeler once said that the Norwegians became Republican to spite the Swedes. I may be flipping it but I found the sentiment hilarious.
  • The Norwegians left in a huff over some issue about ... you know, tolerating Catholics or some similar heresy. They expressed their independence by taking their prairie schooners north and west, landing in lovely Sioux Falls, South Dakota. They promptly named their schismatic institution "Augustana College," without so much as a blush. Our strategy, so far successful, has been to pretend that they don't even exist.

Chip is in good spirits and better health. With luck, the adventure ends with a quick follow-up Tuesday afternoon. She thanks folks for their care and good wishes!