Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chauncey Gardiner’s alive and well …

edited October 2023 in Off-Topic
”Remarkable how many politicians remind me of Chauncey Gardiner from the movie ‘Being There’.
(Reader comment posted to Bill Fleckenstein’s website yesterday)

Gosh - Ain’t that the truth? Scripted … Coached … Rehearsed … Above all else, repeat thyself … repeat … repeat … repeat …

Feel free to disagree.

Comments

• So what's to disagree with?
  • Just some CYA
  • Par for the course:

Crash Davis to Nuke LaLoosh:
    These are your cliches. They're your friends. You need to know them, you need to use them:

I'm just glad to be here and I hope I can help the ballclub.
    That's so boring.

Of course it's boring. It's SUPPOSED to be boring.
    I'm gonna take each game one day at a time, and the good Lord willin', at the end of the season, we'll end-up on top.
    WRITE IT DOWN!
  • Yeah. For sure.

@Crash - You probably recognize this short refrain from a famous musical:

Give 'em the old three ring circus
    Stun and stagger 'em
    When you're in trouble, go into your dance
    Though you are stiffer than a girder
    They let ya get away with a murder
    Razzle dazzle 'em
    And you've got a romance

One of the cheapest seats in NYC. i attend about every other time I’m in the city. Never grows old. So damn true.
  • edited October 2023
    Thanks @Crash.

The quality of this at The Ambassador in NYC has varied greatly over the years. But it’s always a hoot! The cast keeps changing / evolving. Better in earlier days. Under $100 still gets you a front row lower level mezzanine seat. Small theater. So that’s right on top of the action. Less than half the price of most other shows.