Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Serious bright RED/down at 1:30 EST in many sectors

This may/will change by the time you view, but right now; this is a bit unusual.
Strictly for your market observations.

https://finviz.com/futures.ashx

Remain curious,
Catch

Comments

• So maybe tbills and chill? At least for today or? Didn't the wsj fed mouthpiece author write that prolly higher for longer?

Wonder how the managed futures wunderkinds are positioned...
  • Just when everyone begins to embrace higher for longer (rates and inflation) you get one of the worst negative days in many a moon all over the commodity spectrum. And don’t let the green in cocoa fool you as it had its own mini crash the past few days. Looking forward to Powell’s press conference tomorrow afternoon and its market moving implications.
  • edited April 30
    @junkster,
    In my universe of watch lists, managed futures ETFs, MMM, SNAP, HC, and utilities are doing alright today. Even nuclear based stuff is seeing big red.

Two years ago, I would not have expected floating rate stuff to do well for this long. JBBB and JAAA are green today.
  • edited April 30
    BaluBalu said:

@junkster,

Two years ago, I would not have expected floating rate stuff to do well for this long. JBBB and JAAA are green today.

Most of my monies is in CLOs (floating rate) and my complacency there worries me. Even Barron’s is extolling the virtues of CLOs. - never a good sign.

Maybe Powell will ignite another long duration rally tomorrow ala November 1.
  • Well, DJT is up, anyhow. Go figure.
  • Old_Joe said:

Well, DJT is up, anyhow. Go figure.

Nah, he's still napping....

• Junkster said:

BaluBalu said:

@junkster,

Most of my monies is in CLOs (floating rate) and my complacency there worries me. Even Barron’s is extolling the virtues of CLOs. - never a good sign.

Maybe Powell will ignite another long duration rally tomorrow ala November 1.
    CLOs / CDOs / CDS / etc always give me the queasies. The GFC was caused by their systemic risk and not long after the crisis ended, they were back under a different name as I recall. Bottom line, I avoid any investment I can't understand or has too much complexity.
  • edited April 30
    I’m thinking Powell will do his best to cheer the markets on tomorrow. (But don’t lay any money on that.)

Lots of carnage in the precious metals today. Not a lot of places to hide.
  • The graphic is linked with today's numbers (April 30) for numerous etf sectors in global markets.

VIEW the %Chg column for today's numbers.