Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Perhaps you'll have a weekly winner somewhere in the rubble.

Click the " % Chg " to sort the daily. One might have a few random winners for the week, eh?

Strange days have found us again, IMHO.

https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/etf-monitor

Comments

• @catch22: about 50% of my holdings were up, rest down, but the ones that were up, maybe you could buy a cup of coffee with them all together:)
  • Wasn’t that bad? Was it Catch? I’m little changed for the week - maybe down a tad. Don’t pay that much attention. A good week for anything related to energy. And, gold funds were about even - if not up. I guess folks in longer dated bonds got hit maybe?
  • edited April 2018
    I'm 39% bonds. Pretty stinky. Globally, my stuff smells bad tonight. Winners, ytd: PRWCX, PRIDX, PRDSX, VSCIX. .... Worst, ytd: SFGIX, PREMX, MAPOX. Nothing drastically falling apart. I'd just rather see black than red.
  • @Crash- That's why I posted the article re the "Dark Grey Swan". When that area starts falling apart what are the odds that it will take the whole offshore shebang down with it, at least temporarily, as everyone runs for the exits?
  • edited April 2018
    Old_Joe said:

@Crash- That's why I posted the article re the "Dark Grey Swan". When that area starts falling apart what are the odds that it will take the whole offshore shebang down with it, at least temporarily, as everyone runs for the exits?

There’s so many potential black (or gray) swans out there that I stopped counting.

(Specifically, I stopped November 8, 2016.)
  • edited April 2018
    Crash said:

I'm 39% bonds. Pretty stinky. Globally, my stuff smells bad tonight. Winners, ytd: PRWCX, PRIDX, PRDSX, VSCIX. .... Worst, ytd: SFGIX, PREMX, MAPOX. Nothing drastically falling apart. I'd just rather see black than red.

SGGIX -2.06% YD ..... PREMX -1.29% YD ..... MAPOX -2.87% YD

That’s your worst? Pretty trifling so far. You’re playing in the big leagues. - @Crash:)

I dunno about bonds. But if you thought bonds were a good investment a year ago, they’re an even better one now that they’re earning a higher rate of return.