Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

"Trussia"

Talk about FAKE NEWS. This scary putz is is a bonehead sleazeball.
http://theweek.com/5things/786587/trump-suggests-russia-pushing-hard-democrats-midterms

Comments

• He's not fooling anyone these days. Lies and more lies. Even if Trump finishes out his term, there are only 910.2 days left (but gosh, who is counting).
  • @JoeD. I wish you were right about not fooling anyone. Sadly polling suggests otherwise. I think America doesn't have a trump problem,,,,, America has a repuglican problem. Those guys seem to be buying his lies and continue to support him.
  • @larryB Even some of his minions realize that he's full of ****, but they will go along with the program because he's ticking off a lot of people (Dems) they dislike. Plus they love the shock value. A form of schadenfreude, perhaps?

Anyway, he maintains ~42% approval rate no matter what outlandish moves he pulls and yes, that is truly sad.

Putin owns him and we all know it. What we still don't understand 100% is the "why" part. I guess the POTUS loves him the "ruthless dictator" type, but to be so open about it is disturbing.

Didn't Trump "joke" about extending the presidential term limit to 16 years?
  • So many REALLY dumb Americans. But you don't even need an IQ to vote. Just a pulse.
  • Historically, in Democratic Chicago you didn't even need that. :)
  • @Crash. We simply have to stop using that term. Doesn't matter it is true and not just opinion. I think mental checkup will prove it. Still we have to stop because you do that and they will vote Trump again.

Tell a lie. Call them smart. Say "I know you are smart enough to not vote for Trump this time". Then at least they will take time to think. Only need a few to crossover and we are done.
  • @Old_Joe. Are you speaking of Mayor Daley and his machine?
  • @VintageFreak. You are RIGHT. Your are RIGHT. You are RIGHT! 100% RIGHT!!!!!;
  • (sigh.)
  • edited July 2018
  • Per Axios:

About 51% of American voters believe "that the Russian government has compromising information about President Trump," according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday.

Why it matters: Based on Trump's responses from the Helsinki press conference, lawmakers have expressed criticism as to whether Russian President Vladimir Putin holds damaging information over President Trump.

54% of voters say Trump was not acting in the best interest of the U.S. at the Helsinki summit.
    73% say the summit was a success for Russia.
    70% of Republicans don't believe there is compromising information against President Trump.
    Trump’s approval rating is at 38% compared to 43% after the summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, according to the poll.
    63% of voters are "very concerned" or "somewhat concerned" that the Russian government may try to interfere in the 2018 elections, as 36% are "not so concerned" or "not concerned at all."

The other side: Several polls have been released based on the effects of the Helsinki summit. One consistency is a majority of Republicans still back Trump's judgement.
  • edited July 2018
    Several polls have been released based on the effects of the Helsinki summit. One consistency is a majority of Republicans still back Trump's judgement.

And they are waiting for.......what, exactly? The pee tapes?????
  • What makes you think even that would make any difference?
  • touche
  • edited July 2018
    Did I read some false equivalency here?OK, the Left hates the Right, and vice-versa. When I was a younger man, this wasn't the case. It wasn't the case, because the Repugnant Party wasn't yet so unabashedly REPUGNANT. The country is surely divided, but it's not because both sides equally deserve to be heard, but they both hate each other. The truth is that the Repugnant Party has been hijacked by a combination of modern-day Know Nothings, aided by Big Money. And Big Money wants everything for themselves. They want to suck the life-blood out of the rest of us.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing
    A. Lincoln, 1855: "I am not a Know-Nothing—that is certain. How could I be? How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equals, except negroes and foreigners and Catholics." When it comes to that I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty—to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy."
  • Now there's a quote for today!
  • edited July 2018
    President Trump on Tuesday appeared to acknowledge Russia's continuing efforts to interfere in U.S. elections — "I'm very concerned that Russia will be fighting very hard to have an impact in the upcoming election," Trump wrote. "Based on the fact that no president has been tougher on Russia than me, they will be pushing very hard for the Democrats.”

This is from The Onion - Right?
  • @crash. You are beautiful man. Keep on keepin on. One thing to add. I think it is big money aided by the know nothings,,, not the reverse.
  • @hank- being reported by The Washington Post for certain.
  • edited July 2018
    "big money aided by the know nothings,,, not the reverse"

Sounds right.
  • Old_Joe said:

"big money aided by the know nothings,,, not the reverse"

Sounds right.

Agreed. You're right. @larryB and @Old_Joe.
  • edited July 2018
    Know-Nothings, again.
    "...Perhaps Haley’s personal nadir was when she introduced a Security Council resolution condemning Hamas, which could not even get a seconder, while vetoing a resolution from all the other members demanding that Israel stop shooting unarmed protesters on the Gaza border. For the world’s alleged solo-superpower to fail to gain even a seconder would be seen as a failure by most observers, but in the Brave New World of Trumpian diplomacy losing friends and gaining enemies internationally only reinforces Know-Nothing enthusiasm. Her attempt to defend the U.S.’s illegitimate move of its embassy to Jerusalem was equally unappreciated..." And the conclusion to the piece: "More than ever, American diplomacy becomes an oxymoron."
    https://www.wrmea.org/2018-august-september/the-record-shows-ambassador-nikki-haley-is-obsessed-with-israel.html