Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Where To Invest $10,000 Right Now

2»

Comments

• Here's something a little different!

Capital One is offering a cash bonus of $200 on their new 360 Performance Savings Account. Deposit $10,000 within 10 days of account opening and you will receive a $200 cash bonus into your account after 90 days.

The current APY for this account is 1.8%. With a $200 cash bonus on $10,000 that boosts the effective 12 month return to 3.8%. Not bad for an FDIC insured investment. I've already taken advantage of this offer. Here's the link:

https://www.capitalone.com/save1000/
  • @Simon: Nice find, I had a Bank Of China CD mature today at 2.0% and replaced it with a Mizrahhi Tefahot LA CD 1.60% maturing on 3/3/20. Also, took my RMD
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The third or fourth Capital One rep I spoke with said that some people are reporting problems with Firefox. So if you're unable to open an account, try a different browser.

Another problem: Capital One kept our "profiles" on file from when we had accounts many years ago. But it wouldn't let us access the profiles or create new ones (since we had existing profiles). We had to call to have the passwords reset.

Despite having closed accounts years ago, Capital One not only retained our SSNs, but data on linked bank accounts, phone numbers, etc. AFAIK, Capital One should have no need for external bank data once an account is closed. On the plus side, we didn't have to go through a validation process to relink a bank. Still, I'd rather they not retain information that isn't needed for legal purposes.
  • Simon said:

Here's something a little different!

Capital One is offering a cash bonus of $200 on their new 360 Performance Savings Account. Deposit $10,000 within 10 days of account opening and you will receive a $200 cash bonus into your account after 90 days.

The current APY for this account is 1.8%. With a $200 cash bonus on $10,000 that boosts the effective 12 month return to 3.8%. Not bad for an FDIC insured investment. I've already taken advantage of this offer. Here's the link:

https://www.capitalone.com/save1000/

Just received my $200 cash bonus after keeping $10,000 on deposit for 90 days. Well done Capital One! The APY for the period dropped from 1.8% to 1.7% but still a very nice 9.8% risk-free annualized return (bonus plus interest) for the 90 days.

Chase Bank is offering a $150 bonus on $10,000 with similar terms. You will lose the bonus if you close your account within 6 months, however.

https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/banking/online/seocombo
  • Chase is offering $200 + $300 +$100 for a total of $600 for both saving & checking account with a few strings attached. Its the strings as to why I didn't bit.
    Derf