Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

8 ways to survive marrket Downturn

edited March 2020 in Off-Topic
https://www.investopedia.com/8-ways-to-survive-a-market-downturn-4773417?utm_source=personalized&utm_campaign=homepage&utm_term=19672196&utm_medium=email

8 ways to survive marrket Downturn

Being DCA, diversed , sell shorts. have a plans...what other Advice one might give/have

Comments

• Howdy folks,

This might be a dupe postie.

Years ago I read a quote from the Elder Baron Rothschild that to survive an economic crisis, you need to have 1/3 of your Wealth in securities, 1/3 in real estate and 1/3 in rare art. Now you can substitute other things in the place of the latter, but it ain't Beanie Babies.

Most of us will find that we've got 80-90% in securities.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • "securities" means stocks AND bonds?
  • Securities means stocks, bonds, cash, insurance policies, etc. Paper as compared with real estate and rare art.

r
  • Oh, and I'm NOT talking about portfolios. I'm talking about ALL of your wealth.

r