Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak Global Explorer Zero Assets Riddle?

edited March 2022 in Fund Discussions
According to the fund's web site page today, it has $0.0 in assets as of March 30, 2022: https://grandeurpeakglobal.com/gpgex
How can it be invested in stocks with no assets? Is this a misprint or a mystery, like the Loch Ness monster, a portfolio that moves beneath the surface of the water but no one has definitively seen? Curiouser and curiouser...Calling MFS for an explanation.

Comments

• Schwab shows AUM as 9.6 million for this fund. Maybe a former Barclays employee now works at Grandeur Peak !
  • Is Madoff still in the pen?
  • Sounds like some of the funds that I've lost my ass in.
  • Clicking the link in the first message takes me to Grandeur Peak Global Explorer page which at the moment says assets are 10.3 million dollars.
  • Must have just updated from $0 to $10.
  • I also saw $0 when I first clicked the GP link.
  • Also here. ZERO $
  • GP expects to soft close the fund when it hits $35M (see page 12 of PDF)

https://www.grandeurpeakglobal.com/documents/grandeurpeakglobal-comm-20220124.pdf
  • It's back to $0 again. I wonder if it's a certain time of the day when they're settling accounts. Weird.
  • edited March 2022
    Website doesn't show any data source but the use of FactSet is mentioned. May be they have 2 people doing these updates, the 1st initializes AUM to 0, then the 2nd enters the updated value (-:).

This error is not seen in any other data source (M*, Yahoo Finance).
  • It's back to $0 again. I wonder if it's a certain time of the day when they're settling accounts. Weird.

I think that must be right. I found it a zero in the late afternoon and 2 hours later it was back to $10.3 Million.

• Maybe those here who expressed some skepticism about the need for another GP fund when this one was announced had their heads screwed on right. Is it a sinking fund dressed up as a MF?
  • Dennis,

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into what may be happening with the daily updating. $10.3M is accurate.

Best,
    Eric

Eric Huefner
    President & COO
    Grandeur Peak Global Advisors, LLC
    136 S. Main Street, Suite 720, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
    Direct: 801.384.0003 Cell: 801.870.0153
    www.grandeurpeakglobal.com