Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is this guy crazy or just sleazy? (Mick Mulvaney)

edited March 2023 in Off-Topic
Mulvaney was interviewed around 1:00 PM today on Bloomberg. As you’d expect his line is that the banking issues / SVB have nothing to do with an easing of regulatory authority under Trump and everything to do with the Biden Administration’s oversight. OK - partisan line. I get that part.

But his response to the moderator’s question about the possible arrest of Trump was chilling. “Keep in mind, this is a guy who’s surrounded by men who carry guns … ” The insinuation seemed to me that an arrest was unlikely because the Secret Service would somehow prevent it. But Mulvaney did temper the remark by adding that the Secret Service would need to “start moving men around” in the direction of NYC if an arrest were imminent. Incendiary language nonetheless it seems to me in light of the threats of violence and measures being taken by the NYPD to protect the public and court. Is the “scale of justice” is now balanced by the weight of guns on one side?

The show is called ”The Bloomberg Crypto Show - Date: 3/21/2023 / This LINK should pull up the referenced show. Mulvaney is the second guest interviewed and begins begins speaking at 12:50 into the program. The remarks I referenced occur several minutes later beginning around the 18:00 point.

Comments

• edited March 2023
    Thanks, @hank. Oh, by the way... just sleazy.
  • edited March 2023
    The show was called ”The Bloomberg Crypto Show - Date: 3/21/2023

This LINK should pull up the referenced show. Mulvaney is the second guest interviewed and begins speaking at 12:50 into the program. The remarks I referenced occur several minutes later beginning around the 18:00 point.
  • edited March 2023
    Mulvaney = boiled rat gonads.

Does he mean to say that the SS would flaunt the law in preventing an arrest? Hard to believe.
  • @Crash - true but so was January 6th.