Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Watch him flame-out over THIS:

The Orange Abortion will NOT enjoy this news: ($83.3M in damages to E. Jean Carroll.)
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/26/trump-e-jean-carroll-defamation-trial-closing-arguments.html

Comments

• Beat me by two minutes. Was busy compiling info, didn't know that you had posted before me.
    OJ
  • edited January 26
    Old_Joe said:

Beat me by two minutes. Was busy compiling info, didn't know that you had posted before me.
    OJ

+1.
    Of course, he vows to appeal. But can he win on appeal? Not likely, eh? They'd have to prove a legal defect in the Prosecution's case, or mismanagement by the Judge, if I'm not mistaken. Judge Kaplan refused to put up with the Trumpster's attorney's bullshit. I await the news as to just WHEN his payment is made to Ms. Carroll. I'm looking forward to THAT.

On the other hand, down in GA: Fani Willis was an idiot to appoint a romantic partner to prosecute the case against the Orange Bag of Farts. Jayzuz. I do hope it will not permanently taint her case. Because of course, the Orange Douche-Nozzle is as guilty as filthy Sin.
  • "Fani Willis was an idiot to appoint a romantic partner to prosecute"

For sure.
  • Georgia is potentially a big problem. It's the only criminal case (so far, at least) that isn't federal. If it's dropped (as opposed to being delayed, which seems now to be a fairly good bet), every other case has a potential Prez pardon hanging over it if a Gooper makes it into the WH.
  • He can appeal the Carroll ruling, but I just saw this report which says he must deposit the $83.3M with the court. This tastes delicious!
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cash-appeal-trump-has-to-post-83-3-million-while-fighting-e-jean-carrolls-jury-award-where-will-the-money-come-from-3986c56b?mod=bnbh_mwarticle
  • edited January 30
    d
  • That's been known to happen with some frequency.
  • She had a helluva case! She blew it to smithereens. Shit.
  • edited January 30
    d
  • edited January 30
    d
  • About wonderful Fani: can anyone else (or her romantic partner?) ever be as convincing and cogent in presenting the case as either of them could do it? That's what is melting my sox. Idiot twit.
  • Don’t worry about money. He is burning through PAC donation to cover his legal defense. Yet there is the New York case and the DA is asking for over $300M penalty while the Organization is banned from doing real estate business in New York. That house of card is coming down fast.

Agree that the Georgia case is poorly handled by the DA.