Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Note to Brad re Firefox-

edited April 2011 in Technical Questions
Hi Brad, and thanks for all of your work on the new site.

Firefox evidently won't complete a sign-on if it's set to disallow all cookies, which is my normal preference. Now set to "ask every time", it seems to be working OK.

Thanks-
Old Joe / San Francisco

Comments

• Old Joe,

Cookies are definitely required to operate this board with an account. It is how sessions are kept track of on this site, and most others. I assure you that there is no harm in allowing them here.

Thanks.
  • Old_joe,

Anywhere that requires a login typically requires a cookie. Too many things on the net break without accepting cookies. At least accept cookies from the originating site and reject 3rd party cookies. I accept them all, but flush the cookies every now and then.
  • Yes sir, you are quite right, and that's exactly how I've been doing it up until a few weeks ago. Then just for the hell of it I tried the default of not accepting any cookies, and to my surprise all of my mutual funds and banking sites bought it, so I just left it"off".

Absolutely not a problem, just another interesting internet browsing artifact.

Thanks- OJ