Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund to close to new investors

edited February 2014 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915802/000091580214000008/grandeurpeakemergingmarketso.htm

497 1 grandeurpeakemergingmarketso.htm Grandeur Peak Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund

(the “Fund”)

SUPPLEMENT DATED FEBRUARY 19, 2014 TO THE FUND’S PROSPECTUS DATED MAY 1, 2013, AS SUPPLEMENTED FROM TIME TO TIME

This Supplement updates certain information contained in the Prospectus for the Fund dated May 1, 2013, as supplemented from time to time. You should retain this Supplement and the Prospectus for future reference. Additional copies of the Prospectus may be obtained free of charge by visiting our web site at www.grandeurpeakglobal.com or calling us at 1.855.377.PEAK (7325).

Effective as of the close of business on March 5, 2014, the Fund will close to new investors, except as described below:

·A financial advisor whose clients have established accounts in a Fund as of March 5, 2014 may continue to open new accounts in that Fund for any of its existing or new clients.

·Existing or new participants in a qualified retirement plan, such as a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, 403(b) plan or 457 plan, which has an existing position in a Fund as of March 5, 2014, may continue to open new accounts in that Fund. In addition, if such qualified retirement plans have a related retirement plan formed in the future, this plan may also open new accounts in the Fund.

This change will affect new investors seeking to purchase shares of the Fund either directly or through third party intermediaries. Existing shareholders of the Fund may continue to purchase additional shares of the Fund.

As described in the Prospectus, the Fund’s investment adviser, Grandeur Peak Global Advisors, LLC, retains the right to make exceptions to any action taken to close the Fund or limit inflows into the Fund.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Good grief. Think it's just barely opened.

Here's link to David's profile:

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/2014/02/grandeur-peak-emerging-opportunities-gpeox-february-2014/

So, the strategy is appraoching $3B?
    Their estimate, given current conditions, is that they could effectively manage about $3 billion in assets.
    Or, have conditions changed? I thought EMs were becoming "good value" again.
  • They announced long ago that they will close EM when it approaches $200M. Now it is very close to this upper bound.
  • TedTed
    edited February 2014
    Reply to @andrei: Its closing time !
    Regards,
    Ted

Closing Time: Semisonic:
  • Reply to @Ted: A one hit wonder! I grew up with that song!
  • Reply to @TheShadow: Great song but whoa nelly ...... You must be a real youngster. Or conversely, Ted and I must be real geezers.
  • edited February 2014
    Reply to @Junkster: Well, maybe a little older than that as the cd came out in 1998 and I was in my early 30's. I do have the cd.
  • Reply to @TheShadow: OK, maybe not such a youngster. I was thinking you were a teen or pre teen then.
  • Reply to @andrei: Yep, guess you're right. And the $200M number is in the profile. Thanks Andrei. Business is good at Grandeur Peak, looks like.
  • Many thanks for this alert. I repositioned some dough to make new purchases in our Roth IRAs. Had already established a new position in a taxable account in January. The very best that the MFO board has to offer is timely information on the small MF shops like Grandeur Peak. Very pleased with my results in GPGOX and GPIOX, also.