Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Micromanaging PIMCO

Bud
edited February 2014 in Off-Topic
A look behind the curtain. Insights on why El-Erian left Pimco.

http://acrossthecurve.com/?p=12443

Comments

• Bud
    edited February 2014
    Sorry, should be "Micromanaging Pimco." (And now it is! David)
  • edited February 2014
    Bud- this is the first time that I've seen the new site layout, but from reading some of the technical commentary I think that maybe on your original post there may be a "gear wheel" which will allow you to edit or correct errors. Haven't posted anything yet myself, so I'm not sure.

OJ

Edit- yes, if I put my cursor over the text in this response a small gear wheel appears in the upper right-hand corner... clickingr on that brings up the "Edit" function.
  • Bud, thanks for that link to a good commentary regarding Pimco. It always baffled me why, when I listened to El-Erian, he came across as brilliant yet the funds at Pimco suffered at times. I wonder what may have come had he had his own firm with no outside meddling?
  • Pimco made big bets (large macro calls) and many did not fared well in 2013. I recalled this is not the first time Gross made bad choices. Even the most skillful managers had bad years. Pimco Total Return is simply too big to be flexible....