Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Some funds are slow to update?

I have two VOYA funds that have not updated since 8/24 in Yahoo Portfolio. They are IACLX and IGPAX. In checking the VOYA site all of their pricing is of 8/24 and today is 8/26 9:00 PM EDT.

Does anybody know what gives with this?

Comments

• I believe VOYA , formerly ING, is an insurance company. Considering the load and expense ratio, perhaps the best way to get timely updates is to replace them.
  • @old_skeet: I am having the same problems with my Prudential Jennison Health Sciences Fund (PHSZX) . Their site says the problem is from a third party vendor. Just for the record Hawleyl, not all load fund families charge a load. I have the Z shares which have no load and has a .85% expense ratio.
  • Hi Ted,

Thanks for your effort.

Lipper's price being reported as of 8/26 is stale ... It's the same price found on the VOYA site with an 8/24 date.
  • beebee
    edited August 2015
    Using YahooFinance's portfolio tool I got these results:

IGPAX reported at 6:59 pm yesterday. Etf (VHT) will usually report at 4:00 pm usually while you have to wait until about 6:25 pm for VGHCX...similar holdings, but not identical. I sometimes monitor VHT during the day as a close proxy for how the mutual fund will do.

Doctor Copper need patients to remember to have patience...try to enjoy your stay in the investment waiting room.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi bee,

Thanks for your input. However, I think the information shown is of suspect along with perhaps the good doctor copper. Think I'll find another.

I just checked Yahoo Finance main screen ... not portfolio as you show ... and, what is shown in portfolio is still a stale price reflective of a 8/21 market close but listed as an 8/26 close in portfolio. See link(s).

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IACLX

And, for IGPAX:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IGPAX

In this paticular case Yhaoo Portfolio is reporting an 8/21 market close price for these two funds as the 8/26 close. This seems flawed to me? Perhaps, they are having to lookback to 8/21 to establish good pricing before they can move forward to compute good pricing to date.

Today, in checking VOYA price information for their funds they are reporting a 7/31 market close for all of them; but, one can do a search and currently, as I write, find a close for up to 8/24.

Indeed, this is a FUBAR mess.

Perhaps, by the close of business today price reporting will be in good order.
  • beebee
    edited August 2015
    Gotcha...I should have clicked into it further. These computer glitches are just another reason these few weeks have turned out less than perfect.
  • @Old_Skeet and @bee

Have either of you read Ted's posts today about system problems with Bank of Mellon's data/pricing feeds to various vendors?
  • edited August 2015
    Hi @Catch22,

I knew of this problem before Ted made his post. And, yes ... I read the articles. In addition, I got my post up yesterday evening (8/26) around 7:00 EDT after the market closed and the two funds had failed to update with correct pricing.

So what is your point?
  • Hi @Old_Skeet

You and bee continued to discuss the reporting/data problems. I didn't know whether you had read Ted's posts about the problem.........nothing more, nothing less.

Didn't intent to waste your time; just being helpful.

Back to my chores....................
  • edited August 2015
    I sold a company called FIS the other week because I didn't like the major purchase they were making of a company called Sungard....which (as I just found out) happens to be the company whose system is the one having problems with fund pricing.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2749236-glitches-remain-for-bny-mellons-fund-pricing-system
  • @Catch22,

No problem.

I thought you might be going somewhere with this.

Have a good day.

Skeet
  • edited August 2015
    @Scott,

I need your insight ... Because July and August have been the two months thus far this year that I have had to deal with SNAFU by others.

Skeet
  • "Perhaps, by the close of business today price reporting will be in good order. "

NBR/CNBC reported that the "glitch" may last through this weekend, and the problem was with a software update. Just a few seconds, starting at the 12:15 mark:
  • edited September 2015
    Although it took about a week to get fixed ... as of Monday (8/31) evening my VOYA funds were being reported correctly in both Yahoo Finance Portfolio and Morningstar Portfolio Manager.