Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Funds that Hung in there today (Last day of February 2018).

beebee
edited February 2018 in Fund Discussions
Obviously a subject of scorn and ridicule with the rest of my portfolio, but please...amuse me.

FSRPX UP!!! 0.15% -

Top 25 actually looked pretty good for a down day (top 10 holding make up 71%...total of 44 holdings):

Comments

• BCSVX +0.13%, so you win!
  • Hi @bee
    I recall that Fido Retail was, I believe; the only regular equity with a positive of every type of equity (domestic/int'l). Outliers were a few real estate funds.....and this reaction was in relation to interest rates moving down a bit.
  • BenWP said:

BCSVX +0.13%, so you win!

Thanks, I'll keep this one on my short list...thanks.

PONDX held onto a .08% gain. A similar return for IOFIX.
  • edited February 2018
    A few glimmers ...

OREAX (real estate) was up slightly. Everything I have in high quality credit gained. Commodities & gold have been busted the past few days, including today. My hunch is that in the case of gold that’s temporary and the uptrend will soon resume regardless of equities. But just a guess.

HSGFX gained .64% and is now up about .80% YTD. Very rare for that fund to be ahead this late into a year.
  • edited February 2018
    PRSNX up a penny, +0.09%. Everything else stunk up the place, except that PREMX was flat-even. Entire portfolio was down by -0.55%.
  • IIBAX was up a penny, +0.10 %, and ITA was up a penny also, possibly held above water by Boeing.
  • MSEQX was up .46% today, but it looks like it was due in large part to one of its top holdings VEEV up 12%.it was my only equity fund up. Bond funds were all up though.
  • TedTed
    edited March 2018
    @ bee &MFO Members: My Dillard's Preferred Stock DDT 7.50% was up .16% yesterday.
    Regards,
    Ted

• SPFPX was best at 0.11%. Also IOFIX and PONDX were up....