Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

For US Bond haters to consider

2»

Comments

• Hi Cman,

I did not take your comment in a negative way by any means.

What I was saying is that I don't feel good diverfication within a sleeve can be had by only using one position including that of just one index fund as the sleeves are just to broad in scope for one fund to generally cover the full spectrum that the sleeves are designed to cover. There may be exceptions to this but there will only be a few.

I enjoy reading your comments to the other many post that are made on the board. Naturally, we all are not going to agree on everything including the Sixteen Rules of Investing ... but, they are indeed, in general, good rules to reference from time-to-time. Form me some of my better investing decisions have come to me while I sat in church. One Sundy, the minister directed a comment to me. He said ... "I can see, xxxxx, you are in deep thought about something and not listening to my sermon! Would you care to share with the rest of us what might be troubling you? I responded, I was thinking of the check I was going to write the church should my thoughts be as profitable as I believe they might be. But, now that you interupted my thinking process I forgot where I was. With that, they whole place cracked up in laughter. And, he made an attempt to return to his sermon ... but, to no avail. My point is sometimes it is best to just to go on about ones business.

Please keep making those post and the responses that you craft.

Best regards,

Old_Skeet
  • "some of my better investing decisions have come to me while I sat in church. One Sundy, the minister directed a comment to me. He said ... "I can see, xxxxx, you are in deep thought about something and not listening to my sermon! Would you care to share with the rest of us what might be troubling you? I responded, I was thinking of the check I was going to write the church should my thoughts be as profitable as I believe they might be. But, now that you interupted my thinking process I forgot where I was."

LOL