Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TED

Hello

I have been a lurker for years. Finally signed in . If it wasn't for Ted's articles and links I would not find this site of any use to me. Sorry If I insulted anyone but thats just how I feel. I go to investment sites to learn. Some of you IMHO don't offer much value other than random comments.

Guido

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Hey there Guido... nice to finally hear from you! I'd be surprised if anyone here has a problem with Ted's links. The links themselves are not the issue. But because of Ted's amazingly dedicated work the sheer quantity of links can make finding other information pretty difficult at times.

If we could have a separate category just for links it would take care of that: those wanting just commentary on Mutual funds could then see just that category without having to wade through all of the links. Same thing for "Off Topic".

And as a total win folks like you could then pull up all of the link posts without having to wade through any of the other stuff.

The name of this site is, after all, Mutual Fund Observer. Anything which makes the site easier to use for observing mutual fund information, as opposed to general information, would seem to be a pretty good idea. Sometimes you can have your cake and eat it too.

Regards-
    OJ
  • I think OJ brings up a great idea: Having a separate category for investing-related links. That way, people can navigate to that category and pick and choose what they want to read/comment. Just my two cents.
  • Yes, I've expressed my agreement elsewhere.
  • Ted's links were terrible. A lot of his links were to research that wasn't even based on correct data...