Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Getting Used to The New Mediocre.

Comments

• Thank you, JohnChisum. "I guess we're just gonna have to YANK IT OUTA THERE, Pilgrim!" nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk. ......... Not much news there that's new, but some of what's already been offered is reinforced in that article. Thanks.
  • Mediocre is not acceptable, and normal is normal for most people.......not me
  • If you're drinking Bud Light you most certainly have accepted the mediocre.
  • Do you know the best selling brand of Beer in the U.S.? you have a funny sense of mediocre...... and no business sense, "Old" is no excuse
  • Interesting that you equate "best selling" with "not mediocre". Tells us a lot.
  • If a consumer product is the best selling brand in its category, there is a reason, if you call that mediocre, is how I can "equate" your business sense, don't parrot stuff you see, hear, read...it shows
  • Speaking of parrots...
  • edited October 2014
    @Tampabay familiar and liked do not equate with good or right. As an example I traveled with many colleagues to the tremendous city of Charleston. They each expressed their universal affection and appreciation for the city since it was comfortably racist. (The direct quote may have been "familiarly racist") This is clearly neither right nor good

I have drunk bud light a fair share, but almost always because it was the cheapest drink available. How much of the volume is due to licensing deals making bud products the exclusive choice at venues? There are many factors that can lead to market share dominance. Quality is only one of them.
  • Where's (tremendous) Charlestown? but thanks for the marketing lesson...
  • If you're drinking Bud Light you most certainly have accepted the mediocre.
    Old_Joe,

You are being way too kind!

Mr. Bay can read some of the past and present reviews, but they boil down to "awful".

Notes: This beer is for the tasteless beer drinker that thinks there is only ONE beer out there. You may as well drink some seltzer water with alcohol added to it … get the picture, you are not a real beer drinker!

Drinkability: As bad as it gets. Drinking one is very, very trying.

Do yourself a favor spend a little bit more of money or less quantity for a better beer. You might as well be drinking water with a nasty taste.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/1320/?ba=bros

Mona

• Mona, I'm going to spank you if you back the opposition.....OK?
  • Tampabay said:

Mona, I'm going to spank you if you back the opposition.....OK?

Mona, I won't even go there.

• edited October 2014
    Deleted for irrelevance. Sorry @JohnChisum
  • This thread sure went way off course.

• I have to ask, Mona are you and the Tampa guy married or other wise a couple? You seem to know a lot about him. What's the connection?
  • MikeM said:

I have to ask, Mona are you and the Tampa guy married or other wise a couple? You seem to know a lot about him. What's the connection?

MikeM,

There is no connection.

What do I seem to know a lot about him?

Mona

• We are Investment blog site buddies..I am ALWAYS Right, and she is always correcting me! Pay attention to what I say...tb