Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Corzine to Start Hedge Fund.

Would you buy into a hedge fund run by this guy?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102603186

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Is he allowed? I dunno if he just F'ed up or did some fraud at his former company. Or I'm guessing there are no regulations that need to be complied with when starting and hedge fund, as long he gets people to give him the money.
  • edited April 2015
    1. No one learned anything from 2008 and no one even learned anything from Corzine's MF Global.

2. Reminded of the second "Wall Street" movie where Gekko gets out of jail and soon enough he's running money again.
  • I think he is mainly managing his own family money plus some funds from close friends.

It is ironic that his MF Global leveraged bets on European bonds would have worked out very well longer term, but he was forced to sell early because of margin calls.

Of course, there is no excuse for using customer money.
  • Corzine was Gov. of New Jersey, too. Another illustration of politicians in bed with Big Money. I'm in Massachusetts. The previous Governor, Deval Patrick, is joining Bain Capital. (Uncle Mittens Romney. Is he still there? Maybe not...) Makes me puke.
  • edited April 2015
    @Crash: Money and politics?

I'm shocked anyone would mention the two in the same sentence!
  • @hank- I'm shocked that you're shocked!
  • I wouldn't trust this guy with my money anymore than Madoff. Same type of people.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.