Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Suspended Travel from Europe for 30 Days

2»

Comments

• Absolutely. 100%.
  • edited March 2020
    I don’t know what the “Whoa” is for. Attractive lady. Accomplished actress. And married
    34 F’n years. Would hate to tell ya how long mine lasted! Faulk was a physically attractive individual himself. It’s just that they had him made up in that scuzzy outfit because it fit the show’s theme. Loved the old Studebaker with the creaky door hinge.:)

Enjoyed “McCloud” with Dennis Weaver almost as much - which alternated for a while on that Sunday night lineup.
  • If we're going to get "technical", it's been "The United Queendom" for by far the greater part of my life.
    :)
  • @hank: I thought Columbo had a Peugeot. For a few years in the 70's, Peugeot and Renault tried to sell cars in the US, with universally hilarious results. The gray one the detective had went along with his image of a guy of no competence at all. Where does the Studebaker come in?
  • edited March 2020
    Hi Ben - You are correct. Sorry for the misinformation. I must have been “sipping” something along with watching the show back in those days so that the car appeared to be a Studebaker.:)

• Columbo's Car: It was a Rare (and Ratty) 1959 Peugeot 403 Cabriolet
    Columbo's car, which just happens to be a rare, and really beat-up, 1959 Peugeot 403 Cabriolet—a rare car even back when the series was made. Only 2,030 were made globally over a five-year run. The legend has it that star Peter Falk was offered a tour of the Universal back lot to find a car for Columbo to drive. He saw the 403. “I just saw the nose of a car sticking out,” he told the definitive Columbo freak site. “It didn’t even run.” Or have an engine, according to one source. But Falk said, “This is the one.”
    CarTalk blog
  • edited March 2020
    ORK!!! Huh? This must be that place where NOTHING MAKES SENSE. Reminds me of trying to have a conversation with my wife. https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/pence-us-will-expand-european-travel-ban-to-include-the-uk-and-ireland-80669765801

...And what's it gonna be the day after tomorrow??? Say goodnight, Gracie.
  • edited March 2020
    @Old_Joe - Mind if I ask ya a few questions?
  • edited March 2020
    @hank- Uh-oh. "About what, exactly?", he asked suspiciously...
  • edited March 2020
    Oh - Nothin much Sir ..... It’s just that me and the wife was saying last night that you, Sir, have an almost perfect alibi. Yes Sir. Almost perfect ...
  • But, Lieutenant, I can easily prove that I was nowhere near Michigan on the night that you lost your pants in that bar!
  • A'www... poor baby! :)
  • edited March 2020
    Tralfamadore. Ya, YA! THAT'S it! I was fishing. Yup. I went FISHING on Tralfamadore. Did anyone SEE me? Well... Yes. It was Mick Jagger. Me and Mick Jagger were on another planet, FISHIN'. ...Wait a minute, honey, I think Mick wants to tell you something:

LIVE, FROM NEW YORK! It's SATURDAY NIGHT!