Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• "Bostic said Friday he wasn’t aware of the specific trades or timing of the transactions, which were made by a third-party manager in accounts where he did not have ability to direct trades."

Alright, well... I'd say that's forgivable, eh?
  • msf
    edited October 2022
    "transactions had been inadvertently omitted from his financial disclosures."
    Note use of passive tense to deflect responsibility.

“I take very seriously my responsibility to be transparent about my financial transactions and to avoid any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.”
    Must have been someone else.

"He said that he had 'come to learn [] that ... the transactions directed by third parties ... should have been listed on my annual financial disclosure forms.”

So the omissions weren't "inadvertent" after all. He deliberately omitted the transactions based on his purported misunderstanding that arose despite his taking his responsibilities very seriously.

Ah, rhetoric. Which reminds me. I need to review Aristotle's 28 lines of argument for a rhetoric class debate tomorrow.
    https://kairos.technorhetoric.net/stasis/2017/honeycutt/aristotle/rhet2-23.html
  • My post at Twitter, 10/14/22 (LINK)

Weak excuses by someone w Harvard & Stanford education, & whose name has been floated for Treasury Secy, Fed Chair, Comp of Currency, etc. Atlanta Fed Prez is really a private sector job w some public roles & responsibilities. Was he up for a new position when all this came out?
  • oh, dear. you guys frame it all very well. you're right.
  • Classic. Probably majored in Finance and Prevarication with a minor in Evasion.