Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Td acquired by schwab

Comments

• Schwab + TD Ameritrade deal closed in 2020. But integration of large brokerages is complex and Schwab plans to complete most of the transition for retail by early-2023 and for advisors by late-2023.
    https://www.aboutschwab.com/schwab-statement-on-ameritrade-client-transition-timeline
  • I moved 99% of my account out in October '20 after the deal closed, b/c I wanted my TDA FA to 'get credit' for my account as he'd been really good to me over the years. I also didn't want to deal with the drama/chaos of brokerage intergrations -- I've been through enough of them already.

Since then, I've kept it active with a tiny stock position and $1000 cash just so I have access to prior statements and moreso, to keep my access to ThinkDesktop, which is fan-frakking-tastic compared to Schwab's dinky browser-based 'active' trader platform.

When they tell me it's 'my turn' to be migrated, I'll transfer the rest over to Schwab and close the account, b/c I only need 1 Schwab account.