Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

C19 vacc side effects

13»

Comments

• Thanks for the report, Old Joe. Mine will be Pfizer. I'll post here about any side effects. You were fortunate about that process to get vaxed!
  • Howdy folks,

Wifey got her 2nd Moderna shot with minor injection site soreness. She normally reacts badly.

Rono
  • If there are going to be problems, they tend to hit 24 hours later.
  • We went to FEMA mass vaxx site in Tampa yesterday and got J&J. Boyfriend had zero side effects other than sore arm. I have a headache, body aches and fatigue. I have a history of anaphylaxis, so this was a mild and tolerable reaction.
  • I have received both shots of the Pfizer vaccine and have no side effects from either. The wife received her first shot of Moderna several weeks ago and just had a little soreness in her arm the first day. The vaccines have been a non issue for us thus far!
  • @Ironranger61 Did your wife receive 2/nd shot ? That one caused a few side effects for me.
    Derf
  • @Derf She is scheduled to receive the 2nd shot on 3/26.
  • Family Feuds...
    America’s Covid Swab Supply Depends on Two Cousins Who Hate Each Other:
    Admiral Brett Giroir, then an assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services, had been put in charge of testing, and he had plenty of concerns. But on that afternoon he was mostly concerned about one essential component of the testing process: swabs. Specifically, the particular 6-inch swab flexible enough to sweep the depths of the nasopharynx where the coronavirus replicates, the one now known as the brain tickler, and the only one approved for testing for such respiratory viruses. The U.S. had enough of them to conduct about 8,000 tests a day. That was short by three orders of magnitude—the U.S. needed to do millions of tests a day. Kushner told the admiral to secure a billion swabs however he could and then left.

“How many nasopharyngeal swabs are in the national stockpile?” Giroir asked the officials. None. “Does anyone know who manufactures them?” No. Giroir ordered an urgent market analysis of the industry.
    Two companies in the world make these swabs...one in Maine where a family feud raged:
    covid-test-swab-company-puritan-faces-family-feud
  • Have had three covid tests in the Boston suburbs, as have family members including a new mom and a nurse, and none of them was a deep plunge, all just your basic midpoint nares circular wipe.
  • A doc friend and volunteer tester told me the saliva test is just as accurate as the swab test. We've had both and hated the latter.