Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T. Rowe Price Capital Appreciation and Income Fund in registration

13»

Comments

• Power outage ? Thanks for the "rest of the story".
  • Ah, well I'm glad for you, @Tarwheel.
  • Looks like PRCFX Cap App & Income pays its dividend mid-month rather than end of month. Our dividends were reinvested on the 17th.
  • edited January 18
    I noticed that too because we own PRFCX in three different accounts.

By my calculations, that would amount to a 1.7% yield if it pays at the same rate every month (which is probably unlikely).
  • @Tarwheel, in your opinion, is that a good or bad yield for a conservative balanced fund? I have no idea, myself. I rely on total return, which I think has been pretty good so far.
  • @MikeM — That’s low for a balanced fund with about 60% of assets in bonds and cash, but one month’s data is not enough time to draw conclusions from. The yield in December 2023 was quite a bit higher — about 3.1% if annualized. FMSDX has a similar asset allocation, and it’s currently yielding close to 4%.
  • Anyone have any opinions on the performance so far?
  • Certainly doing very well, but we are just still in the first inning. The portfolio is finally posted. If someone was looking for a different sort of animal compared to PRWCX, they'll be disappointed. But the allocation, as advertised and expected, is tilted heavier toward bonds, and monthly pay-outs are planned. Given the Top 10 in the equities portfolio, I shall stick with PRWCX. No need to re-invent the wheel. Companies I love to hate, anyhow.
  • I'm all in @Bobpa. One of my largest holdings. Bought at conception. I really haven't paid attention to sort term results. I'm in because it has the same manager and process as PRWCX, albeit a more conservative version.
  • @MikeM : I have a starter position in PRCFX at this time. Are you using their dividends to buy more or is dividend going elsewhere ?
    Thanks, Derf
  • The key to this fund is to hold in a tax deferred account. Set it and forget it
  • a2z
    edited February 15
    ~35% in u.s. gov bonds, maybe less in feb as AUM @ 2.5X since new
    via vanguard :
    ----------------------------
    Month end 10 largest holdings-12/31/2023
    Rank Holdings % of fund
    1 United States Treasury Notes 4.5% 17.13%
    2 T. Rowe Price Gov. Reserve 17.09%