Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

frozen markets, range-bound

13»

Comments

• 6.4% YTD. Was 50% equity for most of January; currently about 70% equity. Trying to strike while the iron is hot. 76, retired, expenses covered, investing for heirs.
  • BenWP said:

@WABAC: we both hold XMHQ. I was surprised to find SMCI as its top holding. Surprised because the same stock is the top holding of two of my go-go growth funds. Haircuts ensued last Friday.

I read that SMCI is moving to the 500. I guess we'll stumble along somehow.
  • edited March 4
    XMHQ does not reconstitute until for a few months (may be 4 more months). So, expect to see SCMI and its moods in XMHQ for a while. I too happen to own (a small) position in XMHQ. Thanks to @WABAC for mentioning it in this forum.
  • That fund’s #2 holding is DECK (3.5% or so), the other stock joining the S&P 500. Per a check on the fund’s website
  • In all our accounts, ie retirement and non retirement about 31% stocks, mostly US

YTD up 1.5% with almost all gains of course in Large Caps. Rotation to my Energy, International etc has stalled out
  • YTD is pretty good for this investor owning just 2 bond OEFs at 2+%.