Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DJT in your portfolio - the first two funds reporting (edited)

Comments

• I can still recall the Columbia record deal insert from the weekly TV Guide. It was something like "$.01 for 10 records". You later had to buy 1 additional album per month for life at approx. $14 each - that was a lot back then. In those days, chances are you bought 1 full album just to get 1 song you really liked. This was life before Napster and MP3 players, etc.

Cassette tapes were the way to go.

My Dad's car has an 8-track tape player when I was really young, and he somehow had obtained a mix tape with songs that are still stuck in my mind to this day.
  • edited April 10
    I took advantage of similar deals from Columbia and another company (can't recall name) to build
    a CD collection. I purchased the required number of CDs at full price and then cancelled my memberships.
    Rinsed and repeated several times. It worked out pretty well.
  • catch22 said:

@Old_Joe Who you call'in 'old'?:) We're well seasoned older humans with brain cells full of experiences and knowledge.
    I kinda liked the bread toasters and other items offered by banks to open an account. I still recall promotion tables being set up in the customer service area with 'gift' choices in place.:)

Never had bank gifts, but I do remember S&P Green Stamps....
  • edited April 10
    Out in the western US Blue Chip Stamps were very popular. We were married in 1970 and we used our Blue Chip Stamp books to obtain two of our very first furnishings- rather nice table lamps for the living room. They are still lighting our living room to this very minute.

You know, talking about this stuff is a lot more fun than talking about DJT.
  • I love it.
  • edited April 12
    In his latest rant, he's pretty much begging his rubes (well, anyone at this point) to please buy DJT to 'show their support' .... LOL

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/12/trump-tries-to-boost-support-for-truth-social-as-his-media-stock-tanks.html

This weekend's likely online benders from Bedminster ahead of his first-ever criminal trial starting on Monday should be epic and pathetic. Hide the ketchup!!
  • " I purchased the required number of CDs at full price and then cancelled my memberships. Rinsed and repeated several times. It worked out pretty well."

@Observant1 - I always wondered if that would work. I suppose something like that wouldn't fly with today's computer databases.
  • @Old_Joe,

You're probably right!
  • Old_Joe said:

" I purchased the required number of CDs at full price and then cancelled my memberships. Rinsed and repeated several times. It worked out pretty well."

@Observant1 - I always wondered if that would work. I suppose something like that wouldn't fly with today's computer databases.

The modern practice would be people who churn credit cards just to get the big sign-up bonus / points, I guess.
  • edited April 12
    rforno said:

catch22 said:

@Old_Joe Who you call'in 'old'?:) We're well seasoned older humans with brain cells full of experiences and knowledge.
    I kinda liked the bread toasters and other items offered by banks to open an account. I still recall promotion tables being set up in the customer service area with 'gift' choices in place.:)

Wow.... memories.... S&P Green Stamps... I don't remember them that well but I do remember them. I was in elementary school at the time. I just googled them to jog my memory, they were actually S&H Green Stamps. For some reason it reminded me of when I ordered my Beatles wig from Cousin Brucie (NY radio dj) -- I never got it!
  • In his latest rant, he's pretty much begging his rubes (well, anyone at this point) to please buy DJT to 'show their support'
    Never would I give him a penny. We would gladly donate my hard earned dollars to Habitat for Humanity or any other worthy causes.
  • gman57 said:

rforno said:

catch22 said:

Wow.... memories.... S&P Green Stamps... I don't remember them that well but I do remember them. I was in elementary school at the time. I just googled them to jog my memory, they were actually S&H Green Stamps. For some reason it reminded me of when I ordered my Beatles wig from Cousin Brucie (NY radio dj) -- I never got it!
    S & H Green Stamps. I knew that's what you meant. :)
  • JD_co said:

I can still recall the Columbia record deal insert from the weekly TV Guide. It was something like "$.01 for 10 records". You later had to buy 1 additional album per month for life at approx. $14 each - that was a lot back then.

What's a "TV Guide":-)

My impression of the Columbia records is that they were specially pressed and lower grade (cheap vinyl, compressed dynamics and/or poor remastering). Way too long ago to remember details, but Columbia House (marketing?) and Columbia Special Products (records) ring some bells.

The way to go was with high quality, solid performance Musical Heritage Society recordings. Promo was something like: buy three albums and we'll throw in Pachelbel's Canon for free. No further obligation (except for the monthly mailings: if you don't decline, we'll mail you this month's album and bill you).

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.classical.recordings/c/2sXkzBsA75k/m/Yrtd7baWOdUJ

• edited April 14
    What's a "TV Guide?"
    To clarify for those who aren't old, a TV Guide is a weekly magazine that kept you up to speed on the latest details for complex sitcoms such as "Three's Company" and "Mork & Mindy". TV Guides may still be available at your local supermarket, but nobody actually purchases them.... they will typically be covered with dust, read only by the poor souls stuck waiting in line while the store clerk figures some old lady's 60 cent coupon issue.

DJT "bounced" back to $32.59 after touching $29.57 intraday on Friday. Next stop....$25. Woot-woot!
  • While snow-birding in TX. I did use the "TV Guide" No I didn't purchase it, look on the internet & I'm sure you can find the Guide.
  • DJT secondary filed for 146,108,680 shares of common stock and 4,061,251 Warrants (exercisable at $11.50; STRANGE, as options/warrants typically have exercise prices ABOVE the current prices).
    https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/0001849635/000114036124019745/ny20026576x1_s1.htm
  • DJT secondary filed for 146,108,680 shares of common stock and 4,061,251 Warrants (exercisable at $11.50; STRANGE, as options/warrants typically have exercise prices ABOVE the current prices).
    https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/0001849635/000114036124019745/ny20026576x1_s1.htm

That smells fishy to me ... I don't remember seeing this happen before, and you're right in how you described it. Frankly, it makes me think of the 'options backdating' scandal from 10-15 years ago, except this time it's games being played with strike prices, not issuance dates.

• And the hits just keep on a coming. Article
    You've got to get the money from somewhere.
  • Pyramid scheme? We may be reading soon where the new money is being funneled to. I'm sure there will be a lot of news feeds digging.
  • options/warrants typically have exercise prices ABOVE the current prices

Typically, one expects a stock's price to increase.

Historical prices for DJTWW (warrants).
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DJTWW/history

The prices seem to be moving in the "wrong" direction. It may not be long before the market considers the warrants to be worth less than $11.50. That is, the market may soon conclude that buying and exercising a warrant will get you a share of DJT worth less than $11.50 under the terms of the warrant.

(I haven't read the doc closely for terms and conditions.)

• @msf - "(I haven't read the doc closely for terms and conditions.)"

That's ok. No one who buys that crap reads it either.
  • BOOM.

Buried deep in the prospectus, in the list of 'Selling Shareholders' Donald J. Trump​ is listed as making 114,750,000 shares available under this offering at that insanely-deflated strike price. We all knew it was a matter of time before he would try and dump his shares to raise cash.

I wonder how many other shares he might indirectly hold thru some of the entities listed there as well.
  • Great! If that's true and he times it in his always perfect ways maybe he'll be able to add another felony to his list.

"Under federal law, the crime of Securities Fraud is a Class C felony, punishable by up to twenty years in prison, three years of supervised release, and $5 million in fines."
  • edited April 15
    -17% today as of 2:50 PM.

Genius at work.
  • edited April 15
    hank said:

Genius at work.

"It'll still go to $1000..."
    "I keep buying but it still goes down...."

- some of his rubes
  • I did read somewhere that the Trump operation was making some money by loaning shares to short sellers, but that may have been pure speculation (no pun intended).
  • edited April 15
    From Investor's Business Daily-
    Well, that didn't take long. Investors already lost $5.3 billion on shares of Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT) — with Donald Trump himself eating most of the losses.

Shares of the money-losing holding company plummeted 59% from their high notched on March 27, erasing $5.3 billion in wealth, says an Investor's Business Daily analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence and MarketSurge. The S&P 500 in that time is only down 2.4%. Just Monday, shares of Trump Media & Technology plunged more than 10%. *
    * Make that "plunged more than 18%" as of this minute.

Well, at least all of this may serve to take Trump's mind off of the jury selection as he sits there...
  • edited April 15
    hank said:

Genius at work.

Wasn't it "Super Genius"? No, wait - that's Wile E. Coyote. Ah, yes, he is the self-proclaimed "stable genius".

Next stop - $18.

Can he also lead an insurrection to the Nasdaq exchange - is there an official Nasdaq office building?
  • Old_Joe said:

Well, at least all of this may serve to take Trump's mind off of the jury selection as he sits there...

If he can stay awake long enough to ponder it, of course. His fave NYT reporter said he kept dozing off earlier today.