Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What would you do?

13»

Comments

• edited January 2018
    hank said:

(June, 2017)
    Here’s what I just did with 10K that we won't need until late November. --- Put 100% into Price's Short-Intermediate tax free PRFSX. Keeping with your sports analogies, that's a bunt, offering the chance of (1) possibly moving a runner along, (2) perhaps getting on base somehow (3) but, most importantly, avoiding an inning-ending double play.

(January 2018)
    Here’s what happened:
    The project for which the fund’s were earmarked was delayed, providing a few extra weeks for the money to be invested. Still, I managed to turn $10,000 into $9,964.90 over the ensuing 6.5 months. Here’s how: (1) Invested $10,000 on 6/14/17 into PRFSX, (2) Added an additional $5,000 on 11/27/17, (3) Withdrew all sums ($14,964.90) on 1/2/18. (Dividends were reinvested until time of withdrawal.)

Genius
  • IMHO, within T Rowe Price, TRBUX is the top choice for a lower risk cash-like mutual fund, and outperforms its Fidelity and Vanguard peers.
  • So @Puddnhead , I see this post was resurrected and after skimming through it again, now I'm curious, what did you end up doing?