Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Flows!

Comments

• edited July 2023
    All ratings have been updated on MFO Premium site through June using Refinitiv's data drop dated 30 June. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • edited July 2023
    Just posted ratings update to MFO Premium using Lipper's 7 July data file ... in time for tomorrow's mid-year webinar.
  • Just posted ratings update to MFO Premium using Lipper's 14 July data file.
  • Just posted ratings update to MFO Premium using Lipper's 21 July data file.
  • edited July 2023
    Just posted ratings update to MFO Premium using Lipper's 28 July data file.

Descent July! If things hold today, I think we're about 1% of getting back above water since beginning of this Great Normalization cycle in January 2022.
  • Hello,

The screener still states "As of Month Ending June 2023" Will there be an update through end of July? Ty
  • edited August 2023
    @stayCalm. I know. It's killing me. Made mistake of trying to add new ratings based on SubType (eg., U.S. Equity), which has delayed month-ending July ratings! Will post message to board when live ... soonest. c
  • All ratings have been updated on MFO Premium site through July using Refinitiv's data drop dated 4 August. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.

Only nine days late! Apologize, tried a few too many upgrades too close to month's end. Will try to post update with last Friday's 11 August drop next day or two.
  • @Charles - You know that you're the only one who beats yourself up over any of this right? Your dedication is so vey commendable however. Thank you.
  • I'll concur with Marks' comment. Thanks Charles.
  • edited August 2023
    All ratings have been updated on MFO Premium site through July using Refinitiv's data drop dated 11 August. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.

Hope to have ratings updated through 18 August tomorrow!
  • Earlier tonight, posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through July using Refinitiv's data drop dated 18 August. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • Still working through a few issues after the upgrades (thank you Mark and Alfred), but for most part, we seem back on track. As always, if you see anything amiss, please reach out and we will address soonest.
  • edited September 2023
    Thanks for everything you do Charles. I'm handy with tech, happy to help if you need any. Reach out.
  • edited September 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through August using Refinitiv's data drop dated 1 September. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • edited October 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through August using Refinitiv's data drop dated 8 September. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • edited October 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through September using Refinitiv's data drop dated 6 October. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • Spent summer implementing two big changes to the offline number crunching routines (programs that take the Lipper month return data and derive our risk and return metrics):

1) hooks for ratings by SubType (i.e., US Equity) and Type (i.e., Bonds), and

2) imposing so-called "Strict On" and "Explicit On" coding options, which help ensure accuracy and shorten crunch time ... a lot. What used to take 20-24 hours now takes 6-8.

Both updates rippled through ten years of code, so took a while.

Lipper dropped 13 October data just before 6am Pacific. I'm hoping to have that update posted later today. It's running now.
  • Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through September using Refinitiv's data drop dated 13 October. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • edited October 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through September using Refinitiv's data drop dated 20 October. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.
  • edited November 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through September using Refinitiv's data drop dated 27 October.

Nope, needed to roll back to 20 October. Will post again soonest.

OK, we're live again and current ... through 27 October. Plan to post ratings through October (yuck!) Saturday, 4 November.
  • Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through October using Refinitiv's data drop dated 3 November. Tools include MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Dashboard of Launch Alerts, Portfolios, Quick Search, Fund Family Scorecard. The site now includes several analytics, including Charts, Compare, Correlation, Rolling Averages, Trend, Ferguson Metrics, Calendar Year and Period Performance.

I did not make Saturday, but I promise, Saturday updates will soon start becoming norm on premium site. We can now crunch all the risk and return metrics in just a handful of hours, down from more than 24 a year ago.
  • Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through October using Refinitiv's data drop dated 10 November.
  • edited November 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through October using Refinitiv's data drop dated 17 November.

First time the update made same day Lipper drops data, early today Saturday. Soon, the updates will be same morning.

Month To Date (MTD) numbers, through 17 November, looking good! Helping offset a terrible October.
  • It's nice to get these mid-month updates as I have been keenly tracking Martin ratios in my screens this year. Those, and D/E ratios.
  • edited November 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through October using Refinitiv's data drop dated 24 November.

I see BRKA up 6% MTD.

There's an enhanced Total Return Chart tool, which went live a few days ago ... will post more on it soon, probably in December commentary. And, we are just about to go live with two Fund Flow tools ... also shooting to go live by and discuss in December commentary. All the new charts are pretty cool.
  • @WABAC. Thank you. If we keep improving the crunch time, never know ... really good things should be possible.
  • Is the server down for maintenance ? I seem to have having issue with ETFs and mutual funds after I logged on. Please advise. Thanks
  • edited December 2023
    Just posted all ratings to MFO Premium site through November using Refinitiv's data drop dated 1 December.

@Sven. Site seems AOK currently. Apologize if you had trouble accessing. All in all, the web host (we use DreamHost) has been pretty reliable. Since moving to them in July 2019, we rarely experience down time. But please drop me a note if site is not acting well for you. Will get resolved.
  • @Charles, I apologize for all the confusion. I figured it out that my browser was struck on a bad link, and I repeated the same error. Once I clear the cache and reload a fresh page, everything work like a charm. Once again, please accept my apology.